Check headlamp system error.

CAinCA

Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 F150 Tremor 402A
Current Ride #2
2011 Porsche Cayman PDK / 2018 Ford Explorer Platinum 3.5EB
Well, I got my first error message on my Tremor today. I started the truck and got a "Check Headlamp System, see manual" error message on the dash. The headlights seem fine, but when I activate the right hand turn signal it flashes about 2x as fast as normal on the dash. It seems to be flashing normally on the exterior.

I've owned the truck for a little over 2 months and it has 4400 miles on it.

Last edited:
If you have ForScan it'll tell ya exactly what the issue is but it sounds like you have an issue with your auto leveling headlamps. Sounds like a trip to the dealership might be needed.

Do you get the message every time you start your truck up, or was just one time?

It happened a couple times yesterday afternoon. We took the truck to dinner later on and it seems to have cleared itself (for now).

Gotcha. I've gotten this warning too, a few times over a course of a year. My headlights still operate normally, calibrating when I turn the truck on, and turning when I turn the steering wheel.

Typically if you restart it and it doesn't do it, then it just has a faulty start up, much like your personal computer these things are programmed to run things in a certain order when started, most of these will clear if powered off and back on after they shut down completely. Doesn't make it right but it's technology.

I was driving in the middle of nowhere in Utah last March and got snow and ice all over the front bumper. I think every warning sensor in the car was going off, including the headlights..... even the cruise control wouldn’t work . once I cleaned the bumper off, everything returned normal.

Got the same error a few days ago. I was still in the parking lot so I shut the truck off, started it back up and everything is fine.

I've also gotten a warning several times about the rear brake assist. After restarting, no issues.

We made it through the weekend without any further problems. Hopefully it was a one time thing.

We made it through the weekend without any further problems. Hopefully it was a one time thing.
Well, in my case it's been a couple time thing 😂 But glad to hear you haven't had any further issues.

I get the error when I floor the truck from a stop and the rear end squats. It goes away after 2nd gear.

Got this same error the other day after I sent the truck over a little jump but I didn't get the turn signal issue. Based on what other people are saying sounds like the connector or some sensor may be sensitive to acceleration and/or deceleration.

New Topics

Back