Cranbery's Build - "Homelander"

Pretty simple as long as you are good with a measuring tape and an angle grinder. The way it mounts normally is to the truck bed with the stock mounting holes. I simply measured the distance between my builtright panels, which is shorter than the intended mount, and cut the long bar. Then I mounted the ends to the builtright panels. I cut it too long twice before I got the right measurement, but that was on purpose mostly because if you cut it too short then you're fked...
Is it still pretty solid?

Is it still pretty solid?
Yeah it's sturdy, I have my hilift on it and it doesn't budge, doesn't sag. I had considered mounting an aluminum block between the rail and the retrax in the center and screwing into that but it ended up not being necessary. Have had it on for about a year no problems. The rail itself is pretty sturdy and if I remember correctly even the stock mounting doesn't include anchoring it in the center, so the original design intent is the same, it's just a few inches shorter. I guess if anything it would be sturdier because the bar is shorter. My panels are also mounted well, so make sure if you're attaching to your panels that those are on good. And the attachment to the panels as well.

New Topics

Back