Leveling Kit

New here. I am looking at the M1 monotube but dont want the rear blocks. Can I just get the 3" front kit or go with the 2" option? TIA

New here. I am looking at the M1 monotube but dont want the rear blocks. Can I just get the 3" front kit or go with the 2" option? TIA
Simple solution, buy the mono tube and don't install the rear blocks. That's what I did with my RC kit, most people don't install the rear blocks from what I've seen

Does anyone have opinions on JUST doing the Halo coilover fronts to level it out and leaving rear as-is?

Does anyone have opinions on JUST doing the Halo coilover fronts to level it out and leaving rear as-is?
No reason that wouldn’t work. It would be pretty much the same as doing the RC without blocks. I ordered the M1 to give them a try since people seem to like the N3 variant and M1 is supposed to be better. Plus I plan on setting it a half inch shorter because I’d rather have 2” lift instead of 2.5”(N3 aren’t adjustable).

Side note. On my packing receipt it has the part number for the 3” regular F-150 kit. So it would seem the 3” Vetrex would work as well.

A41ECEBB-5CC5-47EE-BC4D-4006936C3AE7.jpeg

Last edited:
The Halo kit is perfect for just that if you just want to leave the back alone. Me personally I went with the Halolifts mountain package 2.5's all the way around.

The Halo kit is perfect for just that if you just want to leave the back alone. Me personally I went with the Halolifts mountain package 2.5's all the way around.
And so it begins. Muwahahahaha!

How big of a difference is there between the 2.0 and 2.5 kits?

How big of a difference is there between the 2.0 and 2.5 kits?
If you're planning on adding a bunch of weight to bed the 2.5 is slightly bigger for adding strength and sag. Most will be happy with the 2.0
I carry lots of gear plus rooftop tent.

I called Autospring first thing this morning. Talked to a guy named Mike and he was very helpful and willing to discuss. When I told him I had netted a little over 3” his first response was - in a nice tone - “that’s like physically impossible…they are almost always within an 1/8”, SOMETIMES a 1/4” of advertised lift.”
He wanted to verify I got the 2” kit instead of the 2-1/2”. I guess the 2” kit offsets the bolt pattern, rotating the strut 180 degrees whereas the 2-1/2” does not. Mine was indeed the offset version and rotated the strut 180.
I explained to him how I installed it (following the Stage 3 video) and how I re-torqued the upper and lower control arm bolts while the truck was up in the air (at full droop). He said, “that’s it…you shouldn’t have loosened the UCA bolts and if you torqued em while at full droop it’s likely preloaded, increasing your height. Loosen those bolts up, bounce the truck and I’ll bet she settles.”
So optimistically I got the tools back and loosened the UCA bolts with the truck on the ground. Bounced up and down on the front bumper like a wild man. No change. Went ahead and loosened the LCA bolts just a hair (uppers still loose) and bounced it. Of course that moved the LCA bolts changing alignment. 🤨 Had to jack the truck up to get to where I could adjust the LCA bolts back to their correct spot and tightened them up SOMEWHAT tight. Drove the truck (slowly) out the driveway and through the bar ditch to cycle the suspension under weight.
Anyways, this did in fact bring it down but only about 3/8” or so.
So, after all that (and re-torqueing everything back and driving around all day), I’m at 2-3/4” front lift from my 2” spacer - about the same as @Bannerman. I have exactly 1” rake front to rear now.
I’m happy it came down some. Wish it would come down another 1/2” but we’ll see with some more miles on it.
I don’t see how anyone could NOT tighten down the LCA bolts with the weight on the wheels and be able to adjust it for alignment. I could see NOT tightening / torqueing the UCA bolts until it was back on the ground to avoid some of this.
I want to add some more to this thread from my recent experience. I too had purchased an AS 2" kit and after reading this thread I also purchased a 1.5" kit from another manufacturer. Last weekend I first tried installing the AS 2" kit and had a shit of a time trying to get the LCA back into place, so I gave up thinking the 1.5" kit would be a better fit given it was 1/2" thinner.

Puck thickness were as follows:
2" kit puck = 1.5" thick​
1.5" kit puck = 1" thick​

I was able to get everything back together with the 1" puck (1.5" kit) but when at full droop the CV boot touches the shock bushing to the LCA as I have seen in others photos. Given this puck creates this condition there is no way I would want to add lift by adding anything more than a puck of this thickness. Even the 1" thick puck isn't great given the conflict. I would be interested to see if a 1/2" thick spacer or longer strut eliminates the conflict. @Bannerman did you get any measurements on the Halo struts? If so are you able to say how they compare to a stock strut in length?

Anyways the 1" thick puck (1.5" kit) ended up netting me 2" of lift so I I can only assume the AS 2" puck (1.5" thick) would net around to 3" of lift. This is about the same as you, @Bannerman and @KAD experienced.

Given what I we have all experienced I don't believe this is an AS only issue and could possibly be something to do with certain truck builds.

FYI my truck came with a 3" rake and not the 4+ others have reported

Thanks for the quick reply. I ended up buying the M1 fronts and had a discount code. Got the set for ~$487 shipped after tax.
Did you buy the level kit and not install the rear blocks or did you only buy the fronts?

Looking at the Fox site it doesn’t show the Hybrid and Tremor exclusion for the snap ring struts that raise 0-2.5”. Must be the springs on the coil overs is the difference.

FFC3FCB8-1F86-4C09-9E15-1AFF2A84026C.jpeg

Looking at the Fox site it doesn’t show the Hybrid and Tremor exclusion for the snap ring struts that raise 0-2.5”. Must be the springs on the coil overs is the difference.

View attachment 6964
I spoke with Fox and he said the snap ring would be the option for Tremors. He did say it’s just not recommended to use the top notch (full 2.5”) since it would ride rougher. Said should be able to get 2” lift with factory springs and top hat. He made it sound like the spring is the portion that yields 0.5-1.0 less lift when put on a Tremor using springs for an F150/FX4.

Last edited:
I want to add some more to this thread from my recent experience. I too had purchased an AS 2" kit and after reading this thread I also purchased a 1.5" kit from another manufacturer. Last weekend I first tried installing the AS 2" kit and had a shit of a time trying to get the LCA back into place, so I gave up thinking the 1.5" kit would be a better fit given it was 1/2" thinner.

Puck thickness were as follows:
2" kit puck = 1.5" thick​
1.5" kit puck = 1" thick​

I was able to get everything back together with the 1" puck (1.5" kit) but when at full droop the CV boot touches the shock bushing to the LCA as I have seen in others photos. Given this puck creates this condition there is no way I would want to add lift by adding anything more than a puck of this thickness. Even the 1" thick puck isn't great given the conflict. I would be interested to see if a 1/2" thick spacer or longer strut eliminates the conflict. @Bannerman did you get any measurements on the Halo struts? If so are you able to say how they compare to a stock strut in length?

Anyways the 1" thick puck (1.5" kit) ended up netting me 2" of lift so I I can only assume the AS 2" puck (1.5" thick) would net around to 3" of lift. This is about the same as you, @Bannerman and @KAD experienced.

Given what I we have all experienced I don't believe this is an AS only issue and could possibly be something to do with certain truck builds.

FYI my truck came with a 3" rake and not the 4+ others have reported
Well, AS must have shipped me the wrong part. When I measured it, it was 1.5”. Assuming a 1.5” puck yielded a 1.5” lift, I had it installed.

I originally ordered the 2”, and then called to change to 1.5”-they assured me they got it updated on my order, but I never received an updated invoice.

Jokes on me I guess. Truck looks awesome regardless-if/when I get a toy to tow will deal with it then.

I got the 1.5” AS level kit installed. Went from 4” of rake to just a hair over 2” now.

And yes I measured the level kit when it arrived to ensure it was the 1.5” not the 2”.View attachment 6037
Any issues with contact to the CV boot, or anything like that. My Tremor is bone stock and the look of your height is exactly what I am looking for. I'm just nervous because I've read so many comments about droop and CV rubbage. I don't even know what droop is.

New Topics

Back