Leveling Kit

Has anyone figured out what leveling kits work on the tremor? Will standard F-150 parts fit? Removing some of that rake will be my goal as soon as possible when I take delivery of my truck. I am looking to go the easy route with a 1.5” or 2” spacer kit on the struts. I don’t want to remove the rake completely, but from the pictures the way Ford is sending this out from the factory makes it look like they forgot to install the 1” lift parts on the Tremor with 3-4” of rake.

If you know what fits please let me know!
Thanks
I just installed the Auto Spring (Stage3Motorsports) 2.5" spacer kit on mine. It specific to the Tremor (make sure you order the right one) and works great! They also sell a smaller size, but I wanted it level, and it is. No change to the ride quality after the alignment and it looks so much better!!

has anyone measured the thickness of the AS 2.5 kit? some places I see 1 5/8 and others say 1 3/4

What is everyone using for levelling kit torque specs? I'm sure some of you will dismiss, but for those of us who prefer to use a torque wrench, I have found varying data between the Ford Workshop Manual and these aftermarket manufacturers.

Some of the values have me puzzled, for example:
- Ford suggests 52 ft-lbs for the upper strut nuts but all of the levelling kit companies use 30 or 35. Why? I called all 3 companies listed and nobody can explain.
- Worse yet, some of those levelling kits, bolts thread in from below to no spec, then are tightened from above to Y spec... I would think the Y torque value must exceed the 'hand tight' to seat those bolts?
- 111 ft-lbs (OEM) for the Sway Bar End Link seems really tight?
- Why is the 14mm Outer Tie Rod End 66 ft-lbs (OEM) and the 14mm Lower Ball Joint 98 ft-lbs (OEM)

Picture2.png

Like most things in engineering and manufacturing, there is always a range of values that will work. But there is always an ideal value ("nominal") that works best. Some companies take the time to figure out the ideal value, some don't. Some companies calculate this correctly, some don't. Since there is a range that works, most people say "who cares".

For perspective, I own a measurement equipment sales and calibration business. I always follow OEM specs on my vehicles, unless I find a good reason to deviate. Aftermarket companies don't put nearly the R&D time into this stuff compared to OEM. I have customers at both levels and have seen it all.

If you know the exact alloy of the material in the fastener and the desired clamping load, you can technically calculate torque values yourself. I wouldn't do that for anything more than a sanity check, though. Which I don't have the energy to do.

I have the roughcountry mono tube leveling strut, looks great but the ride is trash. I regret it

My Wheels came in and installed. Man these were pretty heavy. It was fun trying to put them on without scratching them on the rotors and stuff. ICON Compressions Satin Black 18x9 +6 offset / Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295/70/18. I also took pics of the suspension with the wheel off. I know some were curious about the CV's and stuff. Does not rub but most already knew that with this size. Measured front height again with the stock wheels. It settled just a little at 40- 11/16". Height right after install of just the suspension was 40-7/8" about 2 weeks ago.

sick! did you adjust the icon coils.. or is this factory settings? Im a few weeks out from installing the same suspension

sick! did you adjust the icon coils.. or is this factory settings? Im a few weeks out from installing the same suspension
They were Factory settings. I didn't adjust anything from the Factory. I believe ICON sends them this way preset but not 100% sure if this is the case for all their stuff.

Hey everyone, new to the forum. Just got my 2023 tremor 5.0. Been busy with the upgrades. Shoutout to everyone here for the advice on leveling kits and tires! Love my halo lift and ko2’s!

Attachments

• IMG_2999.jpeg
    IMG_2999.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2998.jpeg
    IMG_2998.jpeg
    444.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2961.jpeg
    IMG_2961.jpeg
    545.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2959.jpeg
    IMG_2959.jpeg
    347.6 KB · Views: 101
Hey everyone, new to the forum. Just got my 2023 tremor 5.0. Been busy with the upgrades. Shoutout to everyone here for the advice on leveling kits and tires! Love my halo lift and ko2’s!
Congrats and welcome to the club.

Looks great. I'm new here, as well. I have a 2024 on order and I'm beginning to use this forum to research what I want to do with regard to lift, but this thread has 70 pages :oops: What Halo kit did you choose? Halo must be a popular choice as I see it mentioned frequently. My only truck lift experience thus far is a front end spacer lift to just level, allowing me to run my current 35X11.5 R20 tires.

Looks great. I'm new here, as well. I have a 2024 on order and I'm beginning to use this forum to research what I want to do with regard to lift, but this thread has 70 pages :oops: What Halo kit did you choose? Halo must be a popular choice as I see it mentioned frequently. My only truck lift experience thus far is a front end spacer lift to just level, allowing me to run my current 35X11.5 R20 tires.
I just got the 2.0 front coilovers and rear shocks. No UCA as you don’t really need them in my opinion unless you lifting over 2 inches. I also got there cast camber kit.

I just got the 2.0 front coilovers and rear shocks. No UCA as you don’t really need them in my opinion unless you lifting over 2 inches. I also got there cast camber kit.
Good to know. Thanks for the information.

Just wanted to post this up as another option for you all, and give a thanks to halolift for listening to our wants and needs.

Just wanted to post this up as another option for you all, and give a thanks to halolift for listening to our wants and needs.
Nice looking TREMOR specific products.
What kind of warranty comes with their products?

New Topics

Back