New Audio System Update

2022 with B&O unleashed. Been waiting for this audio update since I saw it on here. Never got it. Ford is unable or unwilling to provide me with a list of completed updates and ones that failed. When I had it in for warranty work at the beginning of the year, they wanted to charge me several hundred dollars to check it and update it. I declined. I just got off the phone with their in-vehicle technology department and that was a complete waste of time. Ford.com account won't even show me the update history. It has been giving me the "we apologize for the error. we are working to correct it and request you try again" since I bought the truck in 2022. Frustrating. Seems to be no way of doing it myself without forking over $700 for the pass-through cable and a 2 day FDRS license. Anyone else find a workaround to this nonsense? If you buy something that is supposed to receive OTA updates but it doesn't, you shouldn't have to pay for it to be done at a dealer. Terrible customer service when even the IVT department acknowledges many of the trucks miss updates and you can't manually install them yourself.
That is nuts. I get one every now and then now but they seems to have slowed dramatically.
 
Back
Top