What's your Number 1 mod?

You could do a front reciever hitch, then put a winch on a cradle that could be used on front or the back of the truck, that’s what I did on my Expedition, it worked great.
Doesn't look nearly as cool. Cool counts. ;)

That said, yes. A rear winch is more valuable for getting YOURSELF unstuck and backed out of somewhere you shouldn't be. Front winch is for recovering your buddies (bold to assume I have friends to winch out!)....

Tonneau Cover for practical purposes! Hate the snow covered bed

Doesn't look nearly as cool. Cool counts. ;)

That said, yes. A rear winch is more valuable for getting YOURSELF unstuck and backed out of somewhere you shouldn't be. Front winch is for recovering your buddies (bold to assume I have friends to winch out!)....
When you get stuck….. that’s when you find out who your friends are!

Mine would be installing a winch in the large space behind the front bumper, with the 5.0 there’s plenty of room behind the bumper.
Oh boy! Been wanting to do this exact mod to my 5.0. Any vids, parts, instructions on how this was done? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh boy! Been wanting to do this exact mod to my 5.0. Any vids, parts, instructions on how this was done? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2092.jpeg
    IMG_2092.jpeg
    337.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2073.jpeg
    IMG_2073.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2070.jpeg
    IMG_2070.jpeg
    392.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2072.jpeg
    IMG_2072.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 57
What’s the plate that you show in the pictures? If you don’t mind could you go into more detail on your winch installation?

New Topics

Back