F150 Tremor FORScan

Does anyone have the original code to turn the auto start/stop button back on? I turned it off when I got the truck and disabled start stop. I got a new laptop and had to reinstall forscan and lost my original file. Thank you in advance

My Forscan changes:
enabled Bambi
enabled digital Temps
disabled fake engine noise
enabled glare-free lights

After all that, I took it for a test drive, stopped at gas station, got back in, started driving home and I noticed my mirrors were folded in. I've had folding mirrors disabled for some time, and even if I had them enabled, they should have been out after, getting into the truck and starting. So, I'm not sure if it's a glitch after changing code, or if I accidentally hit the button. I checked to ensure they were still disabled, still shows disabled and I wasn't able to reproduce the issue at home, so I guess I'll see.

Secondly - with anti-glare enabled, the auto high beams seemed to turn off randomly, no traffic around etc., so I guess I'll have to do some more testing, but I was kinda like "Meh", not sure it's all that.

My Forscan changes:
enabled Bambi
enabled digital Temps
disabled fake engine noise
enabled glare-free lights

After all that, I took it for a test drive, stopped at gas station, got back in, started driving home and I noticed my mirrors were folded in. I've had folding mirrors disabled for some time, and even if I had them enabled, they should have been out after, getting into the truck and starting. So, I'm not sure if it's a glitch after changing code, or if I accidentally hit the button. I checked to ensure they were still disabled, still shows disabled and I wasn't able to reproduce the issue at home, so I guess I'll see.

Secondly - with anti-glare enabled, the auto high beams seemed to turn off randomly, no traffic around etc., so I guess I'll have to do some more testing, but I was kinda like "Meh", not sure it's all that.
Hmmmm, I thought the only way for the mirrors to automatically fold in when the vehicle is turned off is to actually change the code via FORScan.
Have you ever changed this code before?
If not then I’d say yes, you hit the button without realizing it.

With that being said, is this a stock feature on the 2023 TREMOR because my mirrors have never folded in automatically when the vehicle is turned off.

If there are light sources strong enough it’ll just turn them off, street lights and such. I don’t know the environment you’re in to say for sure but glare-free has been great for me most of the time. It’s still cool everytime I see it silhouette cars as I pass them on dark roads. I do have the occasional glitch where being next to a semitruck or high barrier divider will kick them on and off rapidly like it thinks it’s in a tunnel then realizes oh crap. Not sure if a future software update will address that when Ford officially supports it.

Hmmmm, I thought the only way for the mirrors to automatically fold in when the vehicle is turned off is to actually change the code via FORScan.
Have you ever changed this code before?
If not then I’d say yes, you hit the button without realizing it.

With that being said, is this a stock feature on the 2023 TREMOR because my mirrors have never folded in automatically when the vehicle is turned off.
Yes, it's a factory option in either General or Vehicle settings, under "Mirrors", you can elect to have them fold on lock or not. I did change the code in my 2020 Raptor to enable folding mirrors, so yes, I have done this code before, but not needed on Tremor (I have 402a package, not sure if that is required or not).

If there are light sources strong enough it’ll just turn them off, street lights and such. I don’t know the environment you’re in to say for sure but glare-free has been great for me most of the time. It’s still cool everytime I see it silhouette cars as I pass them on dark roads. I do have the occasional glitch where being next to a semitruck or high barrier divider will kick them on and off rapidly like it thinks it’s in a tunnel then realizes oh crap. Not sure if a future software update will address that when Ford officially supports it.
yeah, it is probably functioning as intended, and it is just my own impression, that after using the auto high-beams for a while now (short while), that they are turning off much more frequently, but it's nothing scientific, so it is what it is.

Yes, it's a factory option in either General or Vehicle settings, under "Mirrors", you can elect to have them fold on lock or not. I did change the code in my 2020 Raptor to enable folding mirrors, so yes, I have done this code before, but not needed on Tremor (I have 402a package, not sure if that is required or not).
Thanks for the info because I had no clue.
I haven’t played with many of the settings since I purchased it.

Yes, the only way. A dealer won't do this for you.
Does this work on 22's if we didn't have it from Factory? I was under impression there was no "chip" to provide digital readout...

TIA

Does this work on 22's if we didn't have it from Factory? I was under impression there was no "chip" to provide digital readout...

TIA

He might have gotten confused on something.

There is physically no hardware for digital temp knobs if they don’t have them. ForScan is only needed to match the programming of the new knobs if you do replace them with ones that have temp readout and also remove the info from the sync screen so it’s not redundant.

I tried to look into swapping just the knobs only but to my minimal surprise the circuit board doesn’t even have the ribbon cable connector and who knows what else is missing from it. So if you want temp display knobs you need to swap the whole unit. There’s no workaround in software, it’s a hardware thing.

He might have gotten confused on something.

There is physically no hardware for digital temp knobs if they don’t have them. ForScan is only needed to match the programming of the new knobs if you do replace them with ones that have temp readout and also remove the info from the sync screen so it’s not redundant.

I tried to look into swapping just the knobs only but to my minimal surprise the circuit board doesn’t even have the ribbon cable connector and who knows what else is missing from it. So if you want temp display knobs you need to swap the whole unit. There’s no workaround in software, it’s a hardware thing.
Ahh, makes total sense. Thanks!! I can (continue to) live without it. I guess I can cross that off my FORSCAN to do list.

Ahh, makes total sense. Thanks!! I can (continue to) live without it. I guess I can cross that off my FORSCAN to do list.
The entire module is only about $110 if you want the temp readouts. Since I replaced my HVAC when I added my heated steering wheel to get the heated steering wheel button, I opted to get one with the temp dials. Easy swap and I prefer the looks of it.

The entire module is only about $110 if you want the temp readouts. Since I replaced my HVAC when I added my heated steering wheel to get the heated steering wheel button, I opted to get one with the temp dials. Easy swap and I prefer the looks of it.
Do you have a part number for what you bought for $110?

I did mine as well but wondering if yours is throwing ftv code in hcac? I think it’s normal bc it’s not original part but I’ve been reading that dtc’s can prevent ota’s and wondering if this is true? If it is I may change it back and look to sell

I did mine as well but wondering if yours is throwing ftv code in hcac? I think it’s normal bc it’s not original part but I’ve been reading that dtc’s can prevent ota’s and wondering if this is true? If it is I may change it back and look to sell

It should be a non issue. As long as the code is about the module not being configured to the vehicle (VIN mismatch). It’s normal. This shouldn’t prevent any OTA updates. My truck has had that code and I’ve gotten them just fine.

TIA
I have a 22 and the digital readout works just fine. All I had to do is reset the hvac. In forscan and it took right off.

Attachments

• IMG_0122.jpeg
    IMG_0122.jpeg
    338.4 KB · Views: 6
I have a 22 and the digital readout works just fine. All I had to do is reset the hvac. In forscan and it took right off.
Nice. I didn’t replace mine. Just gonna keep it how it is.

The prices on these seem to fluctuate based on demand, and one with the heated steering wheel button might still be in high demand from people adding back the heated steering wheel since it got cold. I didn’t look up what part number I installed, I just did a quick google search, hence why I accidentally linked one w/out the heated steering wheel button, but I did seem then at that $110 price last spring.

When i enabled glare free headlights last week I didn’t have a code. When I first installed it I did, but I just cleared it. Not sure why it hasn’t come back. I have received OTAs since installing this module.

New Topics

Back