F150 Tremor FORScan

I have a controller with heated steering wheel and heat/cooled seats. Does not have the digital readout though. If anyone is interested?

Is there anything in here about headlight brightness? I have the 402a and I’m really disappointed in the brightness of their “upgraded trim” model

Is there anything in here about headlight brightness? I have the 402a and I’m really disappointed in the brightness of their “upgraded trim” model
I thought same thing but it’s normal. Take it out to a back road with no lights or traffic and look again. It’s bright and looks great. I forget what they call it but lights dim for traffic so you don’t blind them. Pull into a drive through for a burger. Pull right up to the car in front and the lights nose dive down so they don’t get blinded.
It does leave enough of the road lit so you can see ok.
I had an xlt loaner and they appeared brighter and I thought the same thing.
Dealer will say they are not adjustable but they are. Thing is by raising them would just blind other drivers.
Oh, they auto level so if you lift… zero adjustment needed

I thought same thing but it’s normal. Take it out to a back road with no lights or traffic and look again. It’s bright and looks great. I forget what they call it but lights dim for traffic so you don’t blind them. Pull into a drive through for a burger. Pull right up to the car in front and the lights nose dive down so they don’t get blinded.
It does leave enough of the road lit so you can see ok.
I had an xlt loaner and they appeared brighter and I thought the same thing.
Dealer will say they are not adjustable but they are. Thing is by raising them would just blind other drivers.
Oh, they auto level so if you lift… zero adjustment needed
Yeah I work nights and drive constantly from 3-6am just about everyday and I’m not impressed at all

Yeah I work nights and drive constantly from 3-6am just about everyday and I’m not impressed at all
I think they are great, I was impressed by them. IDK, maybe there's something wrong with yours? You have any pics? When you start up, do you see them auto adjust (moving left / right +up down)?

BTW, chatGPT says:
According to a Ford Tremor Forum, you can use Forscan to adjust the settings of LED lights to make them brighter. You can also use Forscan to boost the brightness of DRL LED bars

I think they are great, I was impressed by them. IDK, maybe there's something wrong with yours? You have any pics? When you start up, do you see them auto adjust (moving left / right +up down)?

BTW, chatGPT says:
According to a Ford Tremor Forum, you can use Forscan to adjust the settings of LED lights to make them brighter. You can also use Forscan to boost the brightness of DRL LED bars
Yeah they adjust and curve with the road. I daily drive an 2023 x3 and maybe I’m just used to those lights? I understand from a luxury standpoint that bmw trumps ford, but from a price point my tremor is close to 30k more?

Yeah they adjust and curve with the road. I daily drive an 2023 x3 and maybe I’m just used to those lights? I understand from a luxury standpoint that bmw trumps ford, but from a price point my tremor is close to 30k more?
I drive an 2021 X5 with the bendy lights - "Laser" lights aka "Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights w/Laser light", I believe they are the "Top of the line" for BMW so I have similar comparison, IMO, both the Ford and BMW are great, I don't see that Ford is chasing or far behind BMW in any respect as far as LED adaptive headlights. Anyway, IDK, I hope your lights are working as designed and not having some sort of issue. Maybe I need to take the Tremor out some more at night and pay closer attention though.

I drive an 2021 X5 with the bendy lights - "Laser" lights aka "Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights w/Laser light", I believe they are the "Top of the line" for BMW so I have similar comparison, IMO, both the Ford and BMW are great, I don't see that Ford is chasing or far behind BMW in any respect as far as LED adaptive headlights. Anyway, IDK, I hope your lights are working as designed and not having some sort of issue. Maybe I need to take the Tremor out some more at night and pay closer attention though.
Who knows. Maybe it’s all in my head and I’m just being super picky lol

My Forscan changes:
enabled Bambi
enabled digital Temps
disabled fake engine noise
enabled glare-free lights

After all that, I took it for a test drive, stopped at gas station, got back in, started driving home and I noticed my mirrors were folded in. I've had folding mirrors disabled for some time, and even if I had them enabled, they should have been out after, getting into the truck and starting. So, I'm not sure if it's a glitch after changing code, or if I accidentally hit the button. I checked to ensure they were still disabled, still shows disabled and I wasn't able to reproduce the issue at home, so I guess I'll see.

Secondly - with anti-glare enabled, the auto high beams seemed to turn off randomly, no traffic around etc., so I guess I'll have to do some more testing, but I was kinda like "Meh", not sure it's all that.
Fake engine noise? Haven't heard that yet.

I don't have forscan. I meant I haven't heard a fake engine sound. Nothing apparently to disable.
you know what...damn, you're right, there's is nothing to disable, I was just playin.

Last edited:
you know what...damn, you're right, there's is nothing to disable, I was just playin.
Listen tough guy. I was just saying I've never heard any piped in. Fake ass v8 sounds. Also said I don't have forscan. Maybe it's not a feature in 2023.

Listen tough guy. I was just saying I've never heard any piped in. Fake ass v8 sounds. Also said I don't have forscan. Maybe it's not a feature in 2023.
good chattin wit ya

Last edited:

5.0 trucks have never had augmented sound profiles

5.0 trucks have never had augmented sound profiles
Mine is 3.5 EB. Just came back from dinner. Zero fake sound pumping via speakers. Maybe they turned thst off in Dearborn?

Mine is 3.5 EB. Just came back from dinner. Zero fake sound pumping via speakers. Maybe they turned thst off in Dearborn?

Maybe, though I really doubt it. It's not exactly fake noise but augmentation of harmonics. It's subtly done but it exists.

Guess I'll have to listen closer. Any examples? I

Maybe, though I really doubt it. It's not exactly fake noise but augmentation of harmonics. It's subtly done but it exists.
FWIW the augmentation seems to be less in my '23 Tremor versus a bit more pronounced in my recently sold '20 Platinum FX4 ... both 3.5EBs. I'm okay with the augmentation not because I get a fake sound or "feel like" the engine/exhaust is more than it is (VRRrroooom baby!!!!) but in certain conditions I have found it helpful to hear engine feedback. I do think it's a bit over the top and of course everyone modulates power at the pedal here but a bit less in the '23 I think. In Sport mode it's more enhanced probably unnecessarily so but like when hitting slippery heavy percentage incline say up a paved switchback with sand the feedback has been helpful as reminder. I like Sport mode in mountain travel with the shifting profile and gear hold on both ascent and decent and when descending and forcing downshift IMO hearing the artificial sound is helpful while counting gears.

The enhancement does not bother me personally and even with the Tremor 3.5 "more tuned" dual exhaust sounding better in the cab than the previous models is also not truly necessary. There was little to no noise in the old truck and any "noise" was a bit more like frying rice at times.... LOL!!!

https://a.co/d/6slG0Pu — I have this adapter from like 5 years ago I used on my 2018. Should this still work on my '23 Tremor or should I get the one being recommended? First thing first though is I have to either borrow my dad's laptop or go buy a cheap one. Seems Forscan doesn't play nicely with virtual machines on the newer M1 MacBooks.

New Topics

Back