Full Screen Apple CarPlay

no, coolwalk is still in beta, the split screen you have comes from the latest ford update, check your android version coolwalk comes with 8.6.6250, i have 8.5.624594 which has the same display you described, watch this starting at 1:35
I'm on Android Auto 8.5.625224. Android Auto for me runs in split screen (there is an option to enable it/ disable it), but the annoying Ford screen is still off to the right.

Prior to the ford update the full screen icon next to Android Auto was not there, regardless of which android auto version was there, after the uodate the full screen option is activated, now without the coolwalk update you are stuck with the google sidebar, coolwalk is what will allow you to go completly full screen and lose the side bar completly, pressing the new full screen button changes which sidebar you see.
20230118_175012.jpg

20230118_175109.jpg

20230118_175116.jpg

Now with the ford update if you have navigation you can go full screen with it and lose the ford sidebar

Attachments

• 20230118_175601.jpg
    20230118_175601.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 20230118_175607.jpg
    20230118_175607.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 84
I went to software update and it says: Ford Power-Up 3.5.4

About SYNC 4, Software Version: 22293_PRODUCT
Revision: 610
I have manually tried to update and also connected to home wifi and I cant get past 3.5.2 ... anyone have any tips or I do I just have to sit here and look pretty and wait for it to happen on its own? ***for Apple CarPlay

do I just have to sit here and look pretty and wait for it to happen on its own

You could hang out in your local dealers service lot and proposition the techs as they leave for the day.

This update is done via USB drive, and I think you can manually enter the VIN of the vehicle in FDRS and not have to be hooked up to it to scan, so you just need the $50 2-day license. I had mine done for me remotely, and I think this is how it was done.

The update is linked to the vehicle so each truck needs their own, but one FDRS license can make many updates.

Anyone have FDRS and want a sixer of local New England beer?!

Now with the ford update if you have navigation you can go full screen with it and lose the ford sidebar
I could always go full screen Nav with the factory Nav.

You could hang out in your local dealers service lot and proposition the techs as they leave for the day.

This update is done via USB drive, and I think you can manually enter the VIN of the vehicle in FDRS and not have to be hooked up to it to scan, so you just need the $50 2-day license. I had mine done for me remotely, and I think this is how it was done.

The update is linked to the vehicle so each truck needs their own, but one FDRS license can make many updates.
You are forgetting the $500 mongoose cable you also need along with the FDRS license.

Just wait and make sure your battery is fully charged, the updates will hit us when they hit us.

I could always go full screen Nav with the factory Nav.
i couldn't, but this is the first apim update i've gotten since owning the truck (march 2022) this was my version pre update

Attachments

• 20230111_065301.jpg
    20230111_065301.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 104
For those of you who have got the update, are you able to revert back to the split view when you want? While, I do think the full screen would be cool, a split screen with music on one side and map on the other will probably still be my go-to.

CDD2DB99-CDC0-42B7-988E-933C0D035337.jpeg

For those of you who have got the update, are you able to revert back to the split view when you want? While, I do think the full screen would be cool, a split screen with music on one side and map on the other will probably still be my go-to.

View attachment 15718
Yes you can. You can also hit the little buttons (twice) just left of the “Google” in your pic and it will do the typical CarPlay split but it will be full screen. Photo below is from my wife’s bronco but the tremor should be the same.
873CF176-4BA3-472E-9DDF-C4500E8EC00A.jpeg

Yes you can. You can also hit the little buttons (twice) just left of the “Google” in your pic and it will do the typical CarPlay split but it will be full screen. Photo below is from my wife’s bronco but the tremor should be the same.
View attachment 15724
I can confirm the Tremor is the same. The arrows in the upper left cause it go full screen or revert back to split screen.

Once you have full screen update you can also enable the unreal graphic engine via forscan which really makes the graphics on the screen look sharp.

You are forgetting the $500 mongoose cable you also need along with the FDRS license.

I'm not sure you need it for this update specifically, since it's done via USB.

My update was made for me by someone not plugged into my car, with just my VIN. I think you can give FDRS the VIN and not do a network scan of the truck and get the updates needed, and have it make the files to load to USB.

But I'm not absolutely sure. I know you don't have to be plugged in to your truck for the update, but I am murky on actually getting the files.

Word over on the GEN14 forums is the full screen update has started to roll out via OTA, few people have gotten it, a few have it in queue. Like within the last few days it started.

Last edited:
I just brought home a 2023 Tremor on Thursday and full screen CarPlay was already in place so it is included in the 2023's. Or at least mine it was.

3.5.2 is the version of Powerup I still cant get past.....called the dealer and the service writer acted like I was speaking Chinese when I asked if they could connect and get me t o 3.5.4

she finally said they could give it a try but would obviously need to charge for it🤨

[rubs temples]

This is on a '23 that I have had for 2 weeks....

New Topics

Back