Iconic Silver Tremor - Xpel Stealth PPF

Mine took a right at a week with everything being done at once. Tint, paint correction, PPF, and ceramic coating. This was the timeframe I was told upfront, so I was prepared. I dropped it off Wednesday morning and picked it up the following Wednesday after lunch.

Mine took a right at a week with everything being done at once. Tint, paint correction, PPF, and ceramic coating. This was the timeframe I was told upfront, so I was prepared. I dropped it off Wednesday morning and picked it up the following Wednesday after lunch.
I guess maybe this guy is just busy. He said he does most the work himself. I trust him, just hated to spend another $360 in rental. Y’all rentals are high AF, these days.

I understand. I made sure I went with a very reputable shop. They are Xpel factory trained and certified. They are located north of Atlanta in an area where they do a ton of Teslas and crazy expensive exotics. I was sure I probably could have found a bit better deal, but I was more comfortable and confident going with them.
Atlanta Protective Films in Roswell? I live in Atl and have used them before. Great work!

I guess maybe this guy is just busy. He said he does most the work himself. I trust him, just hated to spend another $360 in rental. Y’all rentals are high AF, these days.
Yeah. That is a lot of work for just one guy. I think one main person did the PPF install on mine, but they had a whole team to assist him when needed. The others completed the other tasks prior to the PPF and after.

Luckily, I work remotely from home, so I was able to get by for a week without a car. So I did not have the additional cost of a rental car.

FINALLY!! Although it has a couple spots that will have to be fixed (bummer), I’m still very happy.

Attachments

• 9B165CFC-6D18-4532-A209-92738CFFD1CD.jpeg
    9B165CFC-6D18-4532-A209-92738CFFD1CD.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 146
  • 64802CBD-A575-4190-B71C-1E991BAF8BFC.jpeg
    64802CBD-A575-4190-B71C-1E991BAF8BFC.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 046A0ED8-3425-4B03-95F2-5E77B175A0AE.jpeg
    046A0ED8-3425-4B03-95F2-5E77B175A0AE.jpeg
    396.7 KB · Views: 146
  • B8B7672C-C803-4A04-A935-2F340A354226.jpeg
    B8B7672C-C803-4A04-A935-2F340A354226.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 153
FINALLY!! Although it has a couple spots that will have to be fixed (bummer), I’m still very happy.
Nice!! I've seen so many stealth PPF trucks, and it's crazy how some of the colors change more drastically than others.

Quick side note - did your installer change the location of the 'TREMOR' badge on the tailgate? :unsure:

Nice!! I've seen so many stealth PPF trucks, and it's crazy how some of the colors change more drastically than others.

Quick side note - did your installer change the location of the 'TREMOR' badge on the tailgate? :unsure:
Yeah, I was there for that and kind of guided him on where I wanted it. Still thinking of just taking it off and leaving it off.

Yeah, I was there for that and kind of guided him on where I wanted it. Still thinking of just taking it off and leaving it off.
Gotcha. I'm not sure whether it looks better or worse - I just thought it looked different. And I wondered if they did that on their own. :ROFLMAO:

I think I am going to leave the tailgate badge, but I am planning to remove the bedside decals. Or not. Who knows?

Gotcha. I'm not sure whether it looks better or worse - I just thought it looked different. And I wondered if they did that on their own. :ROFLMAO:

I think I am going to leave the tailgate badge, but I am planning to remove the bedside decals. Or not. Who knows?
I got those decals and the “F-150” from the same guy on Etsy. Had the PPF installer put them on.

I got those decals and the “F-150” from the same guy on Etsy. Had the PPF installer put them on.
They look good. I tend to 'de-badge' a lot of my stuff. Sometimes too much can be distracting, but I do like the ones you chose - they are a bit more subtle.

Looks good! PPF is a life safer. I have it on my cars, but figured my truck could stand a bit of wear lol.

What % tint did you use? Any issues at night?

Looks good! PPF is a life safer. I have it on my cars, but figured my truck could stand a bit of wear lol.

What % tint did you use? Any issues at night?
My driver/passenger is 15% of the Xpel XR Plus. They put 70% on the back doors and back window. Combined with the factory in those areas, I just wanted it to match as well as possible, so they went with 15%.

I’m pretty used to it, so no it doesn’t bother me at night. I also have the 70% on the windshield. I’m probably going to have him redo that, since there are some bad spots. He’s got to redo my hood on the PPF, as well, unfortunately.

Truck looks great. I did the same with mine only I have the stone grey. The stealth really gives the color more depth and as my friend described it a silky look.

I have always added a PPF strip on the leading edge of the hood and roof but this is also my first fully wrapped truck. Add in the fact that it protects from scratches and runaway stones and think it is definitely worth it.
Pics if you would please?

Or maybe not to save my wallet.

I'm getting my ride ceramic coated shortly but if I need to PPF first, I need to konw!

OP, that makes your truck look awesome. I vote worth it!

PPF and ceramic are 2 completely different things. Ceramic will make it look nice and shiny and help keep it clean. It won’t protect against rock chips. PPF will. You can put a ceramic coat over PPF, but doing a ceramic coat and then PPF is a waste.

PPF and ceramic are 2 completely different things. Ceramic will make it look nice and shiny and help keep it clean. It won’t protect against rock chips. PPF will. You can put a ceramic coat over PPF, but doing a ceramic coat and then PPF is a waste.
Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it.

I picked up my new Iconic Silver Tremor a couple of weeks ago. I dropped it off yesterday to get some tint and PPF installed. Initially, I was going to get the front clip and rocker panels, but I really liked the aesthetic of the stealth finish and the added protection. It is pricey and not sure it was the best decision in terms of money, but I ended up going for the full wrap in the stealth.

They sent me a few pictures of the progress.

View attachment 5070View attachment 5071View attachment 5072View attachment 5073
Sorry but I like my truck shinny not dull looking.

Pics if you would please?

Or maybe not to save my wallet.

I'm getting my ride ceramic coated shortly but if I need to PPF first, I need to konw!

OP, that makes your truck look awesome. I vote worth it!
Just seeing the post now. I have a thread under the member tremor builds that has some pictures of the before and after as well as some under the hood changes. Still no suspension work yet .. keep waiting on BDS to come out with a tremor package. One thing with the PPF that I used is that it already has a ceramic coating on it. Below is the link

My Build Thread

New Topics

Back