Installed: SVT (Gen 1) Raptor Rear Shocks on Tremor

I have yet to fully flex my truck out with these. I have loaded about 300 lbs worth of stuff and 350 lbs of people in the truck. They really shine with the truck loaded down a bit. Still great empty but like I said above these are tuned for a heavier truck. I’m hitting some dirt roads loaded up tomorrow. It I find a chance to flex the truck I will do it.

Followed the trend
shocks.jpg

The blue looks really good with the white and orange doesn’t it?! It’s a bummer the fronts from the Gen 1 Raptor don’t work… they are cheap too. I have bronco HOSS 3.0 front struts (2.5 internal bypass) being shipped to me right now. 🤞they work like I think they will.

For any of you who've installed these, has it reduced the rear axle hop at highway speeds? There are several places around here where the freeway is fairly rough and the rear end starts bouncing along. The Bilstein 5100s quite a bit helped but I feel like they are a bit too firm over small bumps.

Has anyone researched using the shocks from the second-gen raptor?

The blue looks really good with the white and orange doesn’t it?! It’s a bummer the fronts from the Gen 1 Raptor don’t work… they are cheap too. I have bronco HOSS 3.0 front struts (2.5 internal bypass) being shipped to me right now. 🤞they work like I think they will.
I'm very excited to hear updates on that one!

Has anyone researched using the shocks from the second-gen raptor?
The gen two shocks should bolt up the same way. Problem is the compressed length is 18.8 inches for them so you would need to add ¾ of an inch to a full inch to the bump stops to protect them. You would end up losing some down travel. They are 3.0 in diameter.

The gen two shocks should bolt up the same way. Problem is the compressed length is 18.8 inches for them so you would need to add ¾ of an inch to a full inch to the bump stops to protect them. You would end up losing some down travel. They are 3.0 in diameter.
Got it. Thanks for the response. Im really interested in how the front struts work out; I may do the same if they work out.

Hello, very interesting about the Fox shocks from the Raptor Gen1 fit in the Tremor.

I'm interested in knowing if it affects the load and towing capabilities.

And from what I see, the front shocks don't fit, right?

Hello, very interesting about the Fox shocks from the Raptor Gen1 fit in the Tremor.

I'm interested in knowing if it affects the load and towing capabilities.

And from what I see, the front shocks don't fit, right?
Shouldn't affect towing/load at all. Shocks control rebound, they don't support weight. The load capacity is determined by the leaf springs (among other things), but not shocks.

Rock auto has these for $325 each as of right now.
Is that the Ford part number? For both sides?
I have to order from my local dealer as I don't want to deal with shipping and duties.
Going to need to sit down when I find out the cost here.

I have to order from my local dealer as I don't want to deal with shipping and duties.

Ford part number is the same for both sides (stickers are on both sides)

BL3Z18125K​

Last edited:
This. lol
Ford part number is for both sides (stickers are on both sides)

BL3Z18125K​

Anybody tested offroad / flex test?
Concerned about max extension

Anybody tested offroad / flex test?
Concerned about max extension
I have done some high(ish) speed off-roading and they are great when pushed hard. As for flex I still haven’t had a good opportunity. If it makes you feel better the new Icon tremor specific rears have an extended length of 29.5” eyelet to eyelet (according to the thread on the forum).

I've had these in my cart at Rock Auto ever since you originally posted. I finally placed an order last night. I really hope these are an upgrade over the Bilstein 5100s. I'll let you know next week.

I've had these in my cart at Rock Auto ever since you originally posted. I finally placed an order last night. I really hope these are an upgrade over the Bilstein 5100s. I'll let you know next week.

There is 0 doubt that it is a massive upgrade.
I think the only doubt is extended length offroad.
Would using the new Icon leaf pack in the rear that removes the 2in block and adds a lower shackle (but maintain same ride height due to a taller leaf I believe) be a good application? I wonder how would this setup improve or worsen the shock extension issue at full drop.

There is 0 doubt that it is a massive upgrade.
I think the only doubt is extended length offroad.
Would using the new Icon leaf pack in the rear that removes the 2in block and adds a lower shackle (but maintain same ride height due to a taller leaf I believe) be a good application? I wonder how would this setup improve or worsen the shock extension issue at full drop.
This is my question as well. If we remove the block and change the leaf springs, what length (extended and compressed) shocks would we need ?

I just installed mine today. Trimming the Husky liners was the time consuming part. If I had to do this again, I would take both rear wheels/tires off and do a tire rotation in the process. Needed to use a ratchet-strap to compress the shock to get them on the lower perch. Slightly sketchy.

No off-roading yet. Maiden voyage around the neighborhood just a few minutes ago and they recover so, much, faster. No wallowing around. It’s even obvious in something as simple as a tight u-turn.
I have the OEM Ford wheel liners on my truck. Can you post pictures of where you needed to trim the Huskies?

I have the OEM Ford wheel liners on my truck. Can you post pictures of where you needed to trim the Huskies?
20231211_123302_resized.jpg

This is the best picture I can find on my phone currently. It looks much like the one"b-real" posted further up in the thread. The Huskie liners cover alot more of the inner part of the fender area than the Ford version. The Ford version essentially stops where the bed stops inside the fender well. The Huskies extend down about 6-8" further down and prevent you from accessing the top bolt. They also physically impede/rub against the reservoir. When I removed the stock shock it also had a small area where the paint was worn off. Under full compression it must have been rubbing against the Husky liner.

With the wheels on the vehicle, its very awkward to reach into the wheel well and smoothly trim the liner. A set of metal snips worked perfectly but I couldn't rotate them around to complete the cuts. A Dremel was small enough but time consuming and messy. A 5 minute job without the wheels becomes a 45 minute job of guesswork and making multiple passes at it until it looks neat/clean.

New Topics

Back