Installed: SVT (Gen 1) Raptor Rear Shocks on Tremor

I put a couple hundred miles on these shocks over the last few days including about 30 miles of dirt roads. I'm really happy with them. This is how I expected the truck to ride when I bought it.

I have two minor gripes now:
Now the front feels underdamped compared to the rear. Every once in a while I hit some washboard and I can feel the front tires bouncing. Moar rebound control please.
There's a little more rake and it's bugging me (38.5"F - 41.75"R).

I'd really like to install the FOX 2.0 snap ring struts now.

Followed the trend and installed these tonight. The stock feel like marshmallows in comparison.

I ordered from Stage3 because they had them for $509. Looks like they are out of stock and should take about a month to ship from Fox. I ordered a week ago so should get here mid Feb. I will keep you all up to date.

Adding link: https://www.stage3motorsports.com/985-62-013-2-21-22-f150-4wd-fox-20-snap-ring-ifp-front-struts.html
Snap rings arrive tomorrow and will be on the truck Monday. I will report back when they are on. Plan is to do the second to highest setting for about 2 inches of lift.

I'll be interested to hear how you like them and what you wind up paying to get them installed.

I want to try these but I'm worried because my truck bed is always empty. Would the lighter ASH24542 for the supercab make up the difference?

IMG_0172.jpeg

Wow what an upgrade from the stock shocks! Not even comparable! For those that are wondering about install costs; local shop(Midland,TX) installed them for $120. They also adjusted my RAS tension & I think that took longer than the shock install 😂

I would run these in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the added lift in the rear. I don't mind the stock rake, but adding another 3/4" to the rear would probablt drive me nuts

I would run these in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the added lift in the rear. I don't mind the stock rake, but adding another 3/4" to the rear would probablt drive me nuts
I should've taken measurements. I have a 2" auto spring level, installed these in the rear, I think it looks pretty close to how it did before, maybe slightly higher. Rides so much better loaded and unloaded. With the recent storms in ca I loaded up about 1k lbs of sand and it handled it so much better. This is how I imagined the truck would ride stock.

Attachments

• IMG_2250.jpeg
    IMG_2250.jpeg
    474.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2249.jpeg
    IMG_2249.jpeg
    422.4 KB · Views: 53
Why gen 1 Raptor shocks and not gen2 with the aluminum body ? Seems they would be valved closer to the weight of our trucks ?

Snap rings arrive tomorrow and will be on the truck Monday. I will report back when they are on. Plan is to do the second to highest setting for about 2 inches of lift.
Waiting.JPG

:D:D:D

My ride height didn’t change at all when I installed.

Why gen 1 Raptor shocks and not gen2 with the aluminum body ? Seems they would be valved closer to the weight of our trucks ?
The compressed lengths of the gen 2 is not correct. They are 18.9 inches compressed so you would need to run a bump stop extension that was ¾-1 inch. It would result in a loss in downward travel.

Now if you pared it with something like the icon leaf spring pack to lift up the rearend you might end up with a cool setup.

That all said the big benefit of these is performance to cost. They are super cheap especially considering you are getting 2.5 inch shocks.

Reactions: RDJ
Ok new fox 2.0 snap rings installed! I have them on the second to highest setting.

First impression: These seem to be a great fit with the SVT rear shocks. With the preload needed to use the upper spring perch I would say the front is just a bit stiffer than stock. Rebound is improved. I need to get these off-road before passing final judgement.

I got just under 2 inches of lift in this setting. Still have 2 ¼ inch of rake (completely unloaded) which is ideal for my use of the truck. The stance is exactly how the truck should have come from the factory. My tape measure shows 12 inches of clearance to the bottom of the front bash plate.

Attached is a before and after

Install done by Klean Ridez in San Jose. Labor cost was $750 including the alignment. They did great work and are great guys. Highly recommend.

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpeg
    IMG_0147.jpeg
    467.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0149.jpeg
    IMG_0149.jpeg
    480.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Looks good. I like it. Do you have the part number for the front strut kit?

One other thing about the fox 2.0 snap rings. They have almost identical travel to the stock tremor strut (both approx 5.6 inches) and are almost the exact same overall length.

Also the stock tremor strut is a “snap ring” design but there is only one location for the ring to go. Someone could easily make a perch collar lift for these just like the bronco Sasquatch hoss 2.0.

New Topics

Back