Installed: SVT (Gen 1) Raptor Rear Shocks on Tremor

One other thing about the fox 2.0 snap rings. They have almost identical travel to the stock tremor strut (both approx 5.6 inches) and are almost the exact same overall length.

Also the stock tremor strut is a “snap ring” design but there is only one location for the ring to go. Someone could easily make a perch collar lift for these just like the bronco Sasquatch hoss 2.0.
Is there a similar 2.5 with reservoir from Fox with the same travel/over all length ?

Is there a similar 2.5 with reservoir from Fox with the same travel/over all length ?
According to Fox, the 2.0 snap rings are too short for the Tremor even though it appears they are nearly identical to the stock length. Here are the specs for the 2.0 snap rings PN 985-62-013.
1708097877467.png

This is what Fox lists for the 2.5 Performance Elite w/ reservoir PN 883-06-199. Basically the same travel but a little longer extended length. Interesting how they say zero lift for the Tremor but state 2" lift for a standard f150. These should work though.
1708098013111.png

According to Fox, the 2.0 snap rings are too short for the Tremor even though it appears they are nearly identical to the stock length. Here are the specs for the 2.0 snap rings PN 985-62-013.
View attachment 26816

This is what Fox lists for the 2.5 Performance Elite w/ reservoir PN 883-06-199. Basically the same travel but a little longer extended length. Interesting how they say zero lift for the Tremor but state 2" lift for a standard f150. These should work though.
View attachment 26817
I believe what fox is referring to with the snap rings being too short is if you set them in the “stock” ride height setting. That would actually lower a tremor. When I talked to a Fox rep they said to use the second to top or third from the top setting for the best results. Should get you about 2 inch or 1 1/5 inches of lift respectively

View attachment 26816

View attachment 26817
Anyone familiar with how the height adjustment functions with the 2.5 Elite ? The snap ring system on the 2.0 seems very user friendly.

I would prefer to keep it at the Tremor stock height or just slightly above. Concerned about being boxed in to more lift than I want with the 2.5 system. But this is mostly because I haven’t seen one to know how many height options there are.
Overall I want to avoid the aftermarket UCA necessity or decreasing gas mileage. The addition of the 2.5 SVT Fox’s to the rear makes me think that the same improvement to the front would be the “bees knees”.

Last edited:
Anyone familiar with how the height adjustment functions with the 2.5 Elite ? The snap ring system on the 2.0 seems very user friendly.

I would prefer to keep it at the Tremor stock height or just slightly above. Concerned about being boxed in to more lift than I want with the 2.5 system. But this is mostly because I haven’t seen one to know how many height options there are.
Overall I want to avoid the aftermarket UCA necessity or decreasing gas mileage. The addition of the 2.5 SVT Fox’s to the rear makes me think that the same improvement to the front would be the “bees knees”.
The 2.5 is a true coilover with treading for adjustment. If you left it at the setting from the factory your ride height should be similar to the stock tremor (according to Fox). They have good customer support for these type of questions. I would suggest shooting them an email.

One other thing about the fox 2.0 snap rings. They have almost identical travel to the stock tremor strut (both approx 5.6 inches) and are almost the exact same overall length.

Also the stock tremor strut is a “snap ring” design but there is only one location for the ring to go. Someone could easily make a perch collar lift for these just like the bronco Sasquatch hoss 2.0.
Interesting. I have a lathe. I think I’d still prefer to get the FOX. The stock struts need more damping.

I installed my set this morning. It did raise the back about 3/4” with me having about 175lb of extra weight in the bed. I haven’t driven it yet to see if it will settle at all, but I’ll check it again after I get some miles on them. 2.0 snap rings will be going on at the end of next week if all goes well.
IMG_5445.jpeg

Everybody still happy?
Anybody properly flexed/offroad this thing? No issues extended?

Yep the extended length is just short. Ford did put a good amount of extra length on the stock shocks. The springs limit travel to 29.5 inches or so but topping out is topping out even if it’s just a few tenths. One nice advantage of the bypass design is these get VERY stiff the last inch or so of travel top and bottom. Great for slowing down if they do top out and great for coming off obstacles.

I have only been running them for about 2 weeks and I’m not sure anyone else has tried them yet. So if any issues are going to pop up it will probably take time to find them. I am planning an off-road trip in mid Nov to go fishing. Hopefully I can report back then with trail driving experience. Until then it’s just California potholes and hitting curbs ;)
Do you drive the 405 between Wilshire and LAX? If so how does this setup work there? That is a pretty good stress test.

Everybody still happy?
Anybody properly flexed/offroad this thing? No issues extended?

No problems to report here. I have had them off-road and they performed great. I haven’t done any true rock crawling so the flexing hasn’t been too “extreme”.

I did get a chance to tow 7000 pounds with these installed a few weeks back. I was really happy with the performance. Handled the weight really well and had way more control than my experience towing about 5000 lbs on the stock shocks.

Do you drive the 405 between Wilshire and LAX? If so how does this setup work there? That is a pretty good stress test.
I was in northern CA so bay area. I just recently moved back to the Midwest. Drove the truck 1900 miles to the new house. These full sized trucks with good suspensions are such great road-trip vehicles.

Has any one used the scab shocks instead of the screw. Don’t want to raise the rear. Any more. And almost never have stuff in the bed. Also. With the ras in place. The bump stop is dropped about and inch. So wouldn’t this make the gen 2 shocks work?

Has any one used the scab shocks instead of the screw. Don’t want to raise the rear. Any more. And almost never have stuff in the bed. Also. With the ras in place. The bump stop is dropped about and inch. So wouldn’t this make the gen 2 shocks work?

That's a good question. The extended cab part # BL3Z18125L
No problems to report here. I have had them off-road and they performed great. I haven’t done any true rock crawling so the flexing hasn’t been too “extreme”.

I did get a chance to tow 7000 pounds with these installed a few weeks back. I was really happy with the performance. Handled the weight really well and had way more control than my experience towing about 5000 lbs on the stock shocks.

Also the stage 3 ms link is broken for the Fox 2.0 snap ring.
What if we ran this on the lowest ring. it would have near stock spring preload.

Last edited:

New Topics

Back