Mountain Yak - 2021 Leadfoot 402a

Not exactly the terrain I have been through this last two weeks but I am in a (concrete) jungle.
20220821_121319.jpg

In front of Bluewood Brewing @ 1115 because, if you don't start in the morning, you can't drink all day.

Not exactly the terrain I have been through this last two weeks but I am in a (concrete) jungle.View attachment 6169
In front of Bluewood Brewing @ 1115 because, if you don't start in the morning, you can't drink all day.
I’ve considered 1115am getting a late start in more than one occasion!

You ran the 5165s and they are stiff? To stiff?
They are butter with 950 pounds in the back. I'll give a better writeup once I get out of road trip mode

Attachments

• 20220822_093127.jpg
    20220822_093127.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20220822_093216.jpg
    20220822_093216.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
20220918_214943.jpg
20220918_102348.jpg

I got a couple more yhings started. The light bar mount geometry is good but need to wait 6 or so weeks for it to be created along with the fairing. This thing whistles like a 500 pounder dropping.
The hidden winch mount from swarfworks is rock solid and got it mounted up only to find the Tremor has an odd geometry so the fairlead/shim mount needs to be redesigned/replaced. Paul@swarfworks is working on a solution and is very responsive.

In mine, I put the smittybilt gen3 x20. Mainly because I didn't think the warn was worth the price and I accidentally ordered the smittybilt over the badlands that I meant to order...... I guess it's an opportunity to give a review on the smittybilt..

Loving your build.

How you liking the Icons? My only experience with Icons were on my previous Tundra and they felt very bouncy and stiff compared to OME BP-51s and Fox.

Loving your build.

How you liking the Icons? My only experience with Icons were on my previous Tundra and they felt very bouncy and stiff compared to OME BP-51s and Fox.
Thanks.
If I remember correctly, my OMEs were progressive like Fox are. The icons are digressive which may be what you felt. Well, that and maximizing the lift range will definitely leave them more harsh and bouncy.

I like the icon 2.5s but need a different and heavier spring, now. I'm going to call eibach, next week to see if they have what I'm looking for. I'm thinking a 750+ pound running 1.5" longer to get the Icons where I want them, lift wise.

View attachment 6686View attachment 6687

I got a couple more yhings started. The light bar mount geometry is good but need to wait 6 or so weeks for it to be created along with the fairing. This thing whistles like a 500 pounder dropping.
The hidden winch mount from swarfworks is rock solid and got it mounted up only to find the Tremor has an odd geometry so the fairlead/shim mount needs to be redesigned/replaced. Paul@swarfworks is working on a solution and is very responsive.

In mine, I put the smittybilt gen3 x20. Mainly because I didn't think the warn was worth the price and I accidentally ordered the smittybilt over the badlands that I meant to order...... I guess it's an opportunity to give a review on the smittybilt..
Smittybuilt makes good stuff, I've had several of their snatch straps over the years and for the money can't really beat them, especially when you get 20" of snow and they were calling for a high of 53 and rain. Had a winch of theirs on an ATV I had and never had an issue, I will be going with the Badlands Apex when I do mine just because of the cost and all the positive feedback.

Thanks.
If I remember correctly, my OMEs were progressive like Fox are. The icons are digressive which may be what you felt. Well, that and maximizing the lift range will definitely leave them more harsh and bouncy.

I like the icon 2.5s but need a different and heavier spring, now. I'm going to call eibach, next week to see if they have what I'm looking for. I'm thinking a 750+ pound running 1.5" longer to get the Icons where I want them, lift wise.
Yes OME is progressive, and you may consider contacting Halolifts or Elka about a spring.

Yes OME is progressive, and you may consider contacting Halolifts or Elka about a spring.
But I'm an eibach race spring fan boy

The reason I say that is I know they do the 700lb springs already on the Halolift kits.

But I'm an eibach race spring fan boy
I get it, Eibach has been at the top of the spring world for decades, just giving you an alternative that may be even easier to do. Theirs also Johnson City spring company locally that does these custom, I had them wind me springs in the mid 90's for my front fork when I was racing mountain bikes, they did exactly what I needed.

I get it, Eibach has been at the top of the spring world for decades, just giving you an alternative that may be even easier to do. Theirs also Johnson City spring company locally that does these custom, I had them wind me springs in the mid 90's for my front fork when I was racing mountain bikes, they did exactly what I needed.
That may be fun.

The icon springs are 700 pounds and my current lift is just over 1/2 inch. Those are also shorter than I want seeing as they're for the regular f150. I hope a 750 or 800 that's an inch longer would make up for my winch and mount and get me that 1.5" of lift while maintaining the most comfort and articulation.

Maybe the springs they do for their lift would work for you just at a higher weight of 750lbs. If they would do that, it's a 2.7" lift rated spring that might be a starting point.

I know a mountain bike fork isn't quiet the same but it took us about 3 tries to get it how I wanted it.

Maybe the springs they do for their lift would work for you just at a higher weight of 750lbs. If they would do that, it's a 2.7" lift rated spring that might be a starting point.

I know a mountain bike fork isn't quiet the same but it took us about 3 tries to get it how I wanted it.
Not a bad idea to at least give them a call.

Thinking about it, that's probably why people are getting more than expected lift

Did you swap springs when you purchased the icons, I’m only asking because mine for my 2018 have 600’s and when I talked to icon they told me the newer version have same spring but different valving.

Did you swap springs when you purchased the icons, I’m only asking because mine for my 2018 have 600’s and when I talked to icon they told me the newer version have same spring but different valving.
I didn't originally. I believe it was a call directly to icon (or stage3) when I got the 700 pound number. I do like a progressive (speed type) spring but maybe a more linear like Elka would work better, here.

I didn't originally. I believe it was a call directly to icon (or stage3) when I got the 700 pound number. I do like a progressive (speed type) spring but maybe a more linear like Elka would work better, here.
I’m running the halos/elka now and overall these are a better,smoother overall ride better then my icons were and they had the cdvc adjustable valving. I will say high speed, rougher roads the icons did better but i was looking for something softer.

New Topics

Back