Pure speculation: 2024 Tremor will have the 3.5 High Output engine.

Here is my logic, now that the Raptor R is top dog, they "exclusivity" of the HO motor is a moot point. They already put the HO in the new Expedition Timberline, I expect to see it in the 2024 Tremor now too. Thoughts?

Powerboost would actually be cooler. That 7.2kw would come in really handy for camping etc. That said I use my 2kw all the time and have yet to max it out.
Powerboost would be a great option but the added weight might be an issue. Lighter weight = more capable in slippery or steep climbing situations. It’s the reason I stayed away from the Tundra Pro, it’s a heavy beast.

Powerboost would be a great option but the added weight might be an issue. Lighter weight = more capable in slippery or steep climbing situations. It’s the reason I stayed away from the Tundra Pro, it’s a heavy beast.
Yeah I think it’s like 6600 pounds. Plus Tremor outperforms it at every level

I thought about this a couple of weeks ago, then thought probably not. Feels like the reason that the put it in the Expedition Timberline is so that every “line” has a HO option at the top end. The Raptor, obviously remains the top level F-150 offering. I would more expect to see a Ranger Raptor, for
‘24 to pull it in line now that the Bronco has a raptor version. Tacoma still is #1 in sales, and with the Colorado ZR2 now hitting the streets, it’s Ford’s move.

I thought about this a couple of weeks ago, then thought probably not. Feels like the reason that the put it in the Expedition Timberline is so that every “line” has a HO option at the top end. The Raptor, obviously remains the top level F-150 offering. I would more expect to see a Ranger Raptor, for
‘24 to pull it in line now that the Bronco has a raptor version. Tacoma still is #1 in sales, and with the Colorado ZR2 now hitting the streets, it’s Ford’s move.
That would be easy for Ford to offer a Raptor Ranger in the US since they already do in overseas markets.

That would be easy for Ford to offer a Raptor Ranger in the US since they already do in overseas markets.
The new Ranger announcement is Wednesday, so we may know then.

There are 2 Expedition models with HO.The Limited Stealth Performance edition has it as well. That's built on a mid level trim.

Just thought of an alternative play, and wouldn’t be a popular one here. Ford just axed the Tremor from the Ranger line with the addition of the Raptor. Possibility same thing happens in ‘24 for the F-150, especially with the higher trim 402a, beginning to overlap the base Raptor in price. What if they make the FX4 more capable, and remove the Tremor to align models across the board? Lowering the price of the 3.5 Raptor, and the R remaining top dog?

It’s clear in seeing the all digital dash of the XL Ranger, that production optimization and standardization of components seems to be a high priority.

Just thought of an alternative play, and wouldn’t be a popular one here. Ford just axed the Tremor from the Ranger line with the addition of the Raptor. Possibility same thing happens in ‘24 for the F-150, especially with the higher trim 402a, beginning to overlap the base Raptor in price. What if they make the FX4 more capable, and remove the Tremor to align models across the board? Lowering the price of the 3.5 Raptor, and the R remaining top dog?

It’s clear in seeing the all digital dash of the XL Ranger, that production optimization and standardization of components seems to be a high priority.
Considering there are 24 Tremor spy photos I don’t see this happening. And the F150 has ran the two models concurrently, where the Ranger never has.

And I don’t see MSRP ever coming down, but incentives will come back.

Ford likely axed the Ranger Tremor because it isn't selling. Ranger sales in general have fallen off a cliff. On the other hand, F-150 Tremor sales have been strong. I think Tremor will get the HO and lose the 5.O and both Raptors will get even more HP.

If anything, I'd see them axing the 401A. It's basically an FX4 with Trail turn assist. (sorry 401A guys)

If anything, I'd see them axing the 401A. It's basically an FX4 with Trail turn assist. (sorry 401A guys)
That seems possible. Another is possibly getting rid of the Rattler. I don't see much about that model anywhere.

That seems possible. Another is possibly getting rid of the Rattler. I don't see much about that model anywhere.
They sold out the 2nd day of orders on the Rattler is what I was told. Apparently they only have so many of those that they will sale.

Not really, I bet the 400 standard with the Torsen will beat your overweight 402 any day of the week in any off road condition. What’s your payload 1500? A Ranger has more payload than your 402. I would love for someone in a 400 with shitty halogens that saved $15k but consciously added $10k in suspension makes you look silly on the trail. But hey enjoy that leather seat and sunroof that will leak or stop working. Sorry bud just had to say something at that comment.

Last edited:
Not really, I bet the 400 standard with the Torsen will beat your overweight 402 any day of the week in any off road condition. What’s your payload 1500? A Ranger has more payload than your 402. I would love for someone in a 400 with shitty halogens that saved $15k but consciously added $10k in suspension makes you look silly on the trail. But hey enjoy that leather seat and sunroof that will leak or stop working. Sorry bud just had to say something at that comment.
You ok bud?

Bit salty huh?

Bit salty huh?
Perhaps. It’s just that a 402 nowadays is the same price as the Raptor from three years ago… and they are not even in the same field. If the 402 tremor would come with baja mode or suspension upgrade for another $8k they are asking over the 401 or $12-15k over the 400 I could see someone say that the 400 or 401 is an FX4. Facts. Just saying….

Make the Torsen diff an option for any f150, axe the tremor. Since the tremor is nowhere in the league of the raptor, nor has the aftermarket of a regular f150, they suckered us tonka truck lovers into buying something that only looks a little different and performs marginally better.

Make the Torsen diff an option for any f150, axe the tremor. Since the tremor is nowhere in the league of the raptor, nor has the aftermarket of a regular f150, they suckered us tonka truck lovers into buying something that only looks a little different and performs marginally better.
This thread is going off the rails and some of the comments are too dumb to even respond to (cough @DRvampTremor150 ) but at the end of the day, it's nice we have the options we have. 401A is just an FX4 with a Torsen, 402A is just a 401A with Raptor transfer case and leather, Raptor is just a 402A with better suspension and a body kit.

Buy what you can afford and run what you brung.

New Topics

Back