Tremor Rear Shock Options

I don’t see how could this be a measurement with the shock on the truck. It would make no sense to measure on the truck as anything could influence that measurement (full or empty gas tank, weight in the bed…).

It must be fully extended and removed.
Measured at full suspension droop. Jack up the frame so that the weight of the wheel/tire/axle is hanging and pulls the shock out to full extension (or near it). Negates the weight of the truck. Only potential issue here is whether the shock is actually fully extended, ie there may be something like the leaf springs limiting the extension. With Yeti measuring 30.5 it sounds like he’s getting full extension. Some others here only got 29.5” measuring it this way.

Thanks for double checking. Is that with the shock removed and fully extended or at full droop while on the truck?

Oh you said bolt to bolt, gotta be on the truck.
Nah, off the truck. They were the first thing I replaced. I have a very large cone caliper that I used on it.

Last edited:
It all depends on what you want and how much you want to spend, RC has a cheaper solution, fox has a snap ring kit that works, Halo lifts has tremor specific setups that run from around $1700-$5000, Icon has Tremor specific setups that run from about 2k to 7k, Bilstein has the 5100 series which is fairly low cost, but my choice for bang for the buck would be the eibach set, there's a few different ones, here is one of my favorites.

Are these eibach rear shocks progressive or digressive? Sorry if that's been answered already. I did a skim read through this thread.

Are these eibach rear shocks progressive or digressive? Sorry if that's been answered already. I did a skim read through this thread.
Found my answer after going back and reading this whole thread at a slower pace. Tons of great useful info. Thank you all. But I’m still not sure what I would choose for my use of this truck. Lol. I do want to level the front a bit at least with a snap ring coilover. Right now I’m leaning towards bilstein or fox for that. Decisions decisions. I over think this kind of stuff to much. Ha.

Found my answer after going back and reading this whole thread at a slower pace. Tons of great useful info. Thank you all. But I’m still not sure what I would choose for my use of this truck. Lol. I do want to level the front a bit at least with a snap ring coilover. Right now I’m leaning towards bilstein or fox for that. Decisions decisions. I over think this kind of stuff to much. Ha.
The Eibach is in-between the Bilstein and Fox options, the Fox being softer and the Bilstein being firmer at the top. It's all a matter of preference really. I just wish Eibach made a 2.5" set. Just for the extra stiffness and to allow more cooling. Hopefully they'll do a 2.5" reservoir coilovers and rear shock soon.

The Eibach is in-between the Bilstein and Fox options, the Fox being softer and the Bilstein being firmer at the top. It's all a matter of preference really. I just wish Eibach made a 2.5" set. Just for the extra stiffness and to allow more cooling. Hopefully they'll do a 2.5" reservoir coilovers and rear shock soon.
I’m definitely hoping and holding out for such an Eibach option or even an Eibach TREMOR specific option.
I find it very weird that right now, there’s only two companies that offer TREMOR specific packages.

Last edited:
I went with the gen1 raptor rear shocks. So far they are great. It doesn’t make sense to me why their isn’t more specific tremor shock options available.

I went with the gen1 raptor rear shocks. So far they are great. It doesn’t make sense to me why their isn’t more specific tremor shock options available.
Time, money and interest. They're playing a waiting game to feel the market out. Ot the mean time, those two get the rewards

Reactions: DRJ

New Topics

Back