🛠️ What have you done to your F150 Tremor this week?

With the resent talk about the license plate light. I changed mine to a Diode Dynamics and it washes the rear camera out at night. Anyone else have this issue or is the DD just that bright or is there a reason it's not white LED bright from the factory? like washing the rear camera out at night.
I installed the DD a year ago and never had a problem.

With the resent talk about the license plate light. I changed mine to a Diode Dynamics and it washes the rear camera out at night. Anyone else have this issue or is the DD just that bright or is there a reason it's not white LED bright from the factory? like washing the rear camera out at night.
You would have been better off going with these from Diode Dynamics or either or these from Sylvania or Philips.

I think the majority of issues that people have with LED license plate bulbs is they tend to look past the lowest wattage / lumens or number of LED’s in a bulb.

Less is definitely better to keep from washing out the camera.

I purchased a pair of the Philips and Sylvania and I’m currently running the Philips in my TREMOR and they do not wash out the rear camera.

Diode Dynamics License Plate LEDs (pair), 194 SMD2 Cool White (6000K) https://a.co/d/hMA6Fia

Philips 194WLED Ultinon LED Bulb (White), 2 Count (Pack of 1) https://a.co/d/aVNoeig

SYLVANIA - 194 T10 W5W LED White Mini Bulb - Bright LED Bulb, Ideal for Interior Lighting - Map, Dome, Cargo and License Plate (Contains 2 Bulbs) https://a.co/d/gm1j1aB

Last edited:
Will let you know soon as I just changed mine out today with the DD HP3 (56 lumen) 5000K. What brightness are your bulbs? Looks like they make a HP5 (92 lumen) 5000K that I imagine is brighter.

Switch mine out when I got the truck.

Diode Dynamics License Plate LEDs compatible with Ford F-150 2018-2023 (pair), 194 HP3 Pure White (5000K)​

Attachments

• 20231013_191832.jpg
    20231013_191832.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 13
My last forum I was on, there was a fun thread that basically would show what people have done to their rig that week. Always saw great ideas and good conversations come out of it. I thought I would try and start one here. If there is already one of these, we can delete.

Here's what I did today. Got the Wolf Bedliner spray on done. :cool:

View attachment 5649

I installed a Raptor style grill on my 2023 ford f150 Tremor today. I had the outer edges and letters painted ford's metallic gray and the rest of the grill a glossy black. I think it turned out really nice. I would love to hear everybody's opinions. The color of my truck is avalanche gray. I'm thinking of doing raptor style fender flares. Can't decide what color to paint. I was thinking of doing them in that metallic gray or glossy black or maybe even matching the Avalanche gray. Not sure yet.

Attachments

• 20240515_180802.jpg
    20240515_180802.jpg
    591.8 KB · Views: 50
I installed a Raptor style grill on my 2023 ford f150 Tremor today. I had the outer edges and letters painted ford's metallic gray and the rest of the grill a glossy black. I think it turned out really nice. I would love to hear everybody's opinions. The color of my truck is avalanche gray. I'm thinking of doing raptor style fender flares. Can't decide what color to paint. I was thinking of doing them in that metallic gray or glossy black or maybe even matching the Avalanche gray. Not sure yet.
Where did you get your grille from?

Changed mine to morimoto and experienced the same thing, I will be switching back to the stock lights. Seems ford engineering had a reason for sticking with halogen

Changed mine to morimoto and experienced the same thing, I will be switching back to the stock lights. Seems ford engineering had a reason for sticking with halogen
Yeah…they’re cheap and cut corners

I’ve got the Phillips bulbs and they don’t wash out the camera

Not my cup of the tea as it makes one look like they wish they had a Raptor not to mention that said body mod has been done hundreds of times on many non Raptor F150’s.

With that being said as long as you like it, that’s all that matters.

Looks good, not a fan myself.....one of the reasons I bought a Tremor is because its NOT a Raptor, that said, I'm not going to spend more cash and time to make it LOOK like a Raptor. But thats just me, I do think the grille looks good though, good work and enjoy that TREMOR!!! LOL.

Paint the flares the tremor orange and throw everyone through a loop! :LOL:

Gave the tremor stickers a new look😂
I’ve waited 4 months and wanted to like it but can’t.
I know what the truck is and careless what anyone else thinks
View attachment 29363
lol, usually the first thing I do on any new truck I buy... Ive been trying to like these but likely going to do the same as you soon!

Gave the tremor stickers a new look😂
I’ve waited 4 months and wanted to like it but can’t.
I know what the truck is and careless what anyone else thinks
View attachment 29363
De-badged is great, I still have mine on, but might take them off. Did you remove the tailgate 'Tremor' badge?

First Oil Change 4K miles. Added Fumoto Valve. Oh and I added JL Catch Can at around 3K miles and it was basically empty at 4K for oil change, I guess I'll see next time if it's doing anything useful.

First Oil Change 4K miles. Added Fumoto Valve. Oh and I added JL Catch Can at around 3K miles and it was basically empty at 4K for oil change, I guess I'll see next time if it's doing anything useful.
Do you generally take shorter trips?

New Topics

Back