A/C Issues

Are you approaching the Lemon Law? That may be something to look into especially if they don’t have a fix. Could be worth seeking legal counsel.

My state is 3 repair attempts (same issue) and/or down for 30 days+ in the first 12 mo or 12K/miles. While I've hit none of those milestones, I am being told not to bring it back in until the dealer is given a repair path from Ford. Therefore, I would think there may be recourse on the 3rd attempt if they won't even make an attempt. I have thought about LL but really don't want to go down that road as I like the truck, otherwise.

I wholeheartedly agree as I love mine as well but at this point you are simply documenting. Keep in mind the dealer will easily claim you chose not to bring it in with a known issue and it will be your word vs theirs. It’s an uncomfortable step but one that will protect you in the long run. I promise you they are doing the very same thing.

I went through something similar, chronic mechanical issue, on a '99 GMC truck and dealing with the GM corporate rep was a miserable experience. I have not escalated it up the chain at Ford yet, but documenting, as you say. I do have record of the Service Manager saying not to bring it back in until Ford gives them further guidance so I hope that carries some weight, if and when I need it.

Have the same problem. Started at 300 miles. From what I am reading across forums there is no fix currently. Replacing evap seems to fix it only for some people, and they have to take the dash apart to fix it. Maddening to have non-working AC in a 70k vehicle that can drive itself. I am just waiting for this to snowball into a class action we can pile onto.

I had evap core and valve replaced last week. I drove it from Wyoming to Nebraska (900 miles) after the repair. It did not freeze up on me, but it still was not right. It was a relatively cool day (mid/low 70's) the whole trip which is why I suspect it did not freeze up. I still experience random high to low surges in the air output and volume. Very frustrating. I'm driving back to Wyoming in nine days. We'll see what it does then.

My problem has been very cold gusts of air. I haven't experienced it not working at all or blowing warmer air, but sometimes it will burst cold gusts of air out of nowhere. I'm not sure if there is some kind of 'auto-sensing' sensor in it that it feels like it's so hot outside that it takes it upon itself to make it cooler than my setting, but sometimes it's unbearably cold. And I don't use auto for my climate control ever. I've also noticed in the past couple weeks when I first start the truck up, and the air is on, there's a bit of a musty smell it seems, definitely coming from the air/vents. Only lasts for like 10 seconds and then it's gone, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I've had the truck about 8 months, I'm at 11K miles.

I am more and more pleased my 22 took 9.5 months from order to delivery. I have yet to experience any of the problems everyone else speaks of to include AC issues. 7500 miles and counting.

I had evap core and valve replaced last week. I drove it from Wyoming to Nebraska (900 miles) after the repair. It did not freeze up on me, but it still was not right. It was a relatively cool day (mid/low 70's) the whole trip which is why I suspect it did not freeze up. I still experience random high to low surges in the air output and volume. Very frustrating. I'm driving back to Wyoming in nine days. We'll see what it does then.
Exact same symptoms here. Wife and I made a 2 hour, each way trip week before last (I also have the evap core and evap valve replaced) and even in manual mode, with the fan at a set speed, the A/C would randomly start blowing about 3x more air volume. Even my wife commented on how strange the A/C was working. Mine also still freezes-up, from time to time. Typically when it is cooler rather than hotter.

Out of everyone having this issue can you list MY of your truck?

Has anyone with A/C issues gotten a full resolution yet? Mine still, randomly freezes-up about once a week. I escalated to Ford corporate and received a case # but that's about it.

Hate to pile on, but mine started having the same issue yesterday, 2023 with under 1000 miles.
It is set on “Lo” with recirc on, will give the “turn off ac compressor” try the next time it happens and see if that helps. Not super confident in my local dealerships for repair just yet.

Well I drove back from Nebraska on a mid-80's day and did not experience a freeze up. That's the good news. I have not had the opportunity for a long (2+ hours) drive in the 90's to truly confirm a fix. I still feel it is not working properly; specifically I still get the random high and low surges in the air output and volume. I also feel if I have the a/c set to 66 degrees on a temperate day I should be freezing my ass off. That's not the case. I'm cool, but I think I should be cool at a 70 degree setting. I'll continue to follow this thread. I still think there is more to this story.

Also having the "sometimes on, sometimes off" A/C experience. Luckily the weather's getting cooler, but in Vegas, A/C is required. Will be talking to the dealer about it. 100% you should be freezing if your A/C is set to 66 degrees, cool at 70. Mine's just blowing ambient temp when the A/C isn't working. 2023, btw.

I am more and more pleased my 22 took 9.5 months from order to delivery. I have yet to experience any of the problems everyone else speaks of to include AC issues. 7500 miles and counting.
Mine hasn't had any issues, a 22. It's been 110 plus here for over 2 months and it cools fine.

New Topics

Back