Halolifts Coilover - Group Buy Info in First Post!

I think the 2.0 vs 2.5 is the diameter of the shock? But I could be wrong.
You’d still probably get about 2” of lift
I got the 2.0s in the front left everything else stock and it rides great, just make sure they’re installed correctly ^ see my previous post
You are correct it’s the size of shock I was referring too. Not sure I need 2.5 size shocks for type of trails or terrain I will hit while hunting… I for sure saved to show shop. Also make sure they install rear boots down.

With running the Halo lift who has had success running 35x12.50s? Looking to go from stock wheels to aftermarket, 18x9 +1 Fuels and would like to run as big as I can get. Been contemplating going with a 4/6 BDS setup but going to 4 inch I’m not really gaining anything that I couldn’t get from a Halo lift.

With running the Halo lift who has had success running 35x12.50s? Looking to go from stock wheels to aftermarket, 18x9 +1 Fuels and would like to run as big as I can get. Been contemplating going with a 4/6 BDS setup but going to 4 inch I’m not really gaining anything that I couldn’t get from a Halo lift.
Several have had luck, not sure what offset of wheel they are using it they work.

im running 35x12.5's + 18 offset wheels no rubbing on the street but imagine rubs offroad a little @ full lock, theres about 1" clearance. I think more offset that you are thinking would require a bit of trimming, but shouldnt be a big deal

im running 35x12.5's + 18 offset wheels no rubbing on the street but imagine rubs offroad a little @ full lock, theres about 1" clearance. I think more offset that you are thinking would require a bit of trimming, but shouldnt be a big deal
would you mind posting a photo of the your setup. Side view and how much you stick out. What size wheel you running?

Appreciate it. Need to see how this looks before I pull the trigger and order it.

would you mind posting a photo of the your setup. Side view and how much you stick out. What size wheel you running?

Appreciate it. Need to see how this looks before I pull the trigger and order it.
image.jpg
image.jpg
I have 17”KMC wheels
I know method has some 18” +18 Offset wheels and there are a few nice ones if you look around.
It’s got a little poke but not too much which is nice. The Toyos are load range C which makes the ride less harsh and overall I’m super happy

View attachment 19362View attachment 19363I have 17”KMC wheels
I know method has some 18” +18 Offset wheels and there are a few nice ones if you look around.
It’s got a little poke but not too much which is nice. The Toyos are load range C which makes the ride less harsh and overall I’m super happy
That doesn’t look bad at all. A +12 might work as well. Looking at fuel and they only have 20 or 12. So fuel might be off the table. Thanks for the photos.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the spring rate, extended/comressed lengths of the 2.5 package? I'm in need of something to replace my current, rusted, "Incompatible with Tremor" coilovers.
**cough** @Bannerman **cough**

Hello all! First post on the forum, there is a ton of great info here. Thanks to everyone that has contributed, I’ve learned a lot before even taking delivery!

My Tremor is on the way, it’s built and in transit somewhere between Dearborn and Des Moines. One of the first mods has to be suspension. Test drove one before ordering and it was clear there that the stock shocks had a lot of room for improvement.

Looking to see if there is a good quality adjustable shock setup available. My interest in adjustable shocks is from having them on a couple cars, both street and track use. Nice to have the option to fine tune for personal preference.

My use will be primarily on road for towing a 5500# trailer, with some off roading but nothing too serious. I also want to lift the front end probably 1.5” to 2” so it’s pretty level when towing.

I saw these on the Elka site with high and low speed compression adjustment. Wondering if anyone has researched them to see if they might an option. Hopefully this post is okay for the topic. Maybe Halo Lifts will consider expanding their product line if this is a viable option for the Tremor.

Front - https://www.elkasuspension.com/prod...021-to-2022-2-in-to-3-in-lift/?c=72e1ba2726d6
Rear - https://www.elkasuspension.com/prod...rd-f-150-4x4-2021-to-2022-n-a/?c=72e1ba2726d6

I did check with Elka for compressed and extended lengths if it helps -

Front :
View attachment 17712

Rear :
View attachment 17713
Thanks for posting this. I was looking for their extended/compressed lengths. That said, I think they may need to correct those numbers. Unless I am wrong, I think those are showing less than an inch longer than stock. Hopefully those are the numbers for the previous gen f150. I'm hoping these are in the 620/450 range.

@Bannerman 600# is their "soft spring" (Eibach), I was looking at that for my winch and slider setup... I seem to remember Elka coilovers for ATVs being way over sprung, too. How bouncy is your ride over speed bumps when unloaded?

Thanks for posting this. I was looking for their extended/compressed lengths. That said, I think they may need to correct those numbers. Unless I am wrong, I think those are showing less than an inch longer than stock. Hopefully those are the numbers for the previous gen f150. I'm hoping these are in the 620/450 range.

@Bannerman 600# is their "soft spring" (Eibach), I was looking at that for my winch and slider setup... I seem to remember Elka coilovers for ATVs being way over sprung, too. How bouncy is your ride over speed bumps when unloaded?
600 sounds soft for winch and sliders I would think. I used to run 600s on my Tacoma and 650 with winch and front bumper/sliders. I guess the F150 isn't really all that much heavier than the Taco though.

I would not call the Halos bouncy at all, I think you'd be pleased with them. I have the 2" though not the 2.5. And I am rarely totally unloaded. Always have some gear in the bed plus the diamondback which is roughly 130#. The compression is similar to stock but the rebound is improved I think, less bouncy.

The Icon's I'm replacing are 550 pound. I was thinking 650 before their engineers said to stick with the 600 pound springs. Now, it really doesn't matter.

Does anyone know the spring rate, extended/comressed lengths of the 2.5 package? I'm in need of something to replace my current, rusted, "Incompatible with Tremor" coilovers.
**cough** @Bannerman **cough**
Hey Yeti, were you able to obtain this information by chance?

I'm looking at somewhat similar setup to what you have and planning a build with a winch, and carrying about 400lbs in the rear depending on trips. The lack of information on shock specifications can get annoying. At this point I'm still deciding between the 2.5 IFP package or doing a mix of off the shelf shocks (5165 for the rear, undecided on the front)

I'm looking at somewhat similar setup to what you have and planning a build with a winch, and carrying about 400lbs in the rear depending on trips. The lack of information on shock specifications can get annoying. At this point I'm still deciding between the 2.5 IFP package or doing a mix of off the shelf shocks (5165 for the rear, undecided on the front)
Give me a bit to get caught up from my trip. I think I'm going to go with the high/low speed 2.5s and eibachs 650# spring. I think elka likes to over-spring their stuff but that may be due to the design (and necessary)

I spoke with Elka, this morning. for the 2.5 (2"-3")
23.9" extended length
5.75" travel
They recommend the 700#(Elka) but also have an available 650# (eibach)

With that said, it may benefit us to wait for the end of the week. The story is that we may be particularly interested in some forthcoming information... I'm not going to hold my breath on it but I'll definitely post here if that information is interesting to us.

23.9" extended length
5.75" travel

With that said, it may benefit us to wait for the end of the week. The story is that we may be particularly interested in some forthcoming information... I'm not going to hold my breath on it but I'll definitely post here if that information is interesting to us.
Back to the spring rate.. my eibachs are 450# and my Icons are 550#. I still think a 700# is going to be super stiff.

That said, it's my understanding the elkas top out pretty hard so their answer may have been to make the spring a bit more beefy to protect the overall system.

I'm currently leaning towards the Eibach 650# spring that Elka has available for their setups. I'm less likely to do any high speed bombing runs than I am to drive like miss daisy over big rocks.

23.9" extended length
5.75" travel

I've been scouring the forums and I can't find an answer, what are the stock extended lengths and travel?

As for the spring rates, from personal experience I ran 586# springs for the front of my 4Runner without a winch or bumper, but I had sliders and skids installed and the rate was perfect. I don't bomb the 4R in the desert but I do tend to drive fast 30-40mph to cover trails faster. I would assume 650#-700# would be perfect with a winch and bumper.

I've been scouring the forums and I can't find an answer, what are the stock extended lengths and travel?

As for the spring rates, from personal experience I ran 586# springs for the front of my 4Runner without a winch or bumper, but I had sliders and skids installed and the rate was perfect. I don't bomb the 4R in the desert but I do tend to drive fast 30-40mph to cover trails faster. I would assume 650#-700# would be perfect with a winch and bumper.
no bumper, just winch and winch plate. Saves about 100# and looks better IMO.
Stock F150 Tremor front is 23" extended. I don't remember the travel but that was pretty available when we were looking it up.

New Topics

Back