Tonneau Covers

I ended up ordering the Retrax through Stage 3 Motorsports. It was 10% off. Just got it in on Friday. I don’t like losing the bed space but I think for my needs it’ll be better for me. I debated for a long time between that and a Bak.

Why is there no talk of Undercover flip covers? I had one on my previous Ford that was great.
I’ve never heard of undercover flip covers. Can you send a link to one?

Ok I found the link. Some guys don’t like how the flip cover blocks the back window. And at least with the Bakflip version there have been cases where the cover flew off the truck when it was all the way open going down the interstate. :oops:

I am not tech savvy enough for a link. But this is a screen shot of their stuff.
Screenshot_20211127-211632_Chrome.jpg

I never drove down the highway with the cover flipped up. But I would not be too worried due to the way it was secured when flipped up.

Any recommendations for a soft roll cover? I regularly haul dirt bikes so trying to avoid any covers that take up room towards the front of the box.
I have the Access LiteRider Tonneau cover on my current truck since 2016 and plan to get the same one when my Tremor arrives.
It doesn't take any bed space when rolled up. It sits an inch above the bed so you don't lose any bed space when it's covered. It has never leaked since I installed it in 2016. I highly recommend it.

I went with the BAKFlip MX4. I haven't really noticed any water leak issues but then again I haven't really opened up the tailgate to really inspect after or while raining. Seems dry all the time but it doesn't really rain hard in Hawaii like other places. Overall been really happy with it.

I currently have a Truxedo LoPro on my 15 and just picked up another for my new build from Amazon on sale for $450. Great cover.

IMG_20211012_175110_396.jpg
I went the cheap route since I wasn't sure how a soft rollup would perform- my last cover wasn't really a cover (Chevy Avalanche-never leaked, was "part" of the truck and was super heavy duty). I got a Gator SRX Roll-up, and 2 days after install I was out and really heavy rain. There were drips on both ends, but it never went higher than the groves in the bed (was really heavy rain). I mainly got it for dust and some environment protection- I would not store anything permanent in there without it's own protection (like others were saying). I may go all out later on with a expensive hardtop one.. debatable :)

I went with the retrax XR. Super easy instalI and so far I have not had issues with water. We’ll see how it does with the snow/ice. I have not looked into the accessories for the track system yet-but having it as an option makes sense to me for skis, kayak, mountain bikes etc.

I went with the retrax XR. Super easy instalI and so far I have not had issues with water. We’ll see how it does with the snow/ice. I have not looked into the accessories for the track system yet-but having it as an option makes sense to me for skis, kayak, mountain bikes etc.
Do you think it would be hard on it to run it through the automatic car wash with it closed?

Do you think it would be hard on it to run it through the automatic car wash with it closed?
I have done it once so far as more of a test and it did well.

Last edited:
I may get slammed for this but I have an extang trifecta 2.0 which is a soft top tri fold, used it on my fx4 for 5 yrs and transferred it to the tremor, never had a leak. Extang makes a tailgate seal to put around your tailgate which keeps dust,etc. out.

I have had backflip covers and undercover, the backflip roll up on my gladiator was nice as it had the rack channels. The flip backflip was really nice too but then I went with undercover on advice of the truck sales person and it was a bit nicer than backflip and had carpet underneath

How about these guys.?

Never heard of this product. If I didn’t have a RetraxPro XR in my garage now waiting for the Tremor to come in, I might take a long hard look at these. They appear to be quality, not sure if they are better than RetraxPro?

I've had a factory soft cover on my 2013 FX4 since new. Its still on and still water tight. It keeps my luggage dry when I go on trips. My next truck I'm going again with a factory cover this time with a hard folding cover for better security.
Have you had any issues with anyone attempting to cut through? Just wondering. Cause, damn the price of the hard tops now

I told my sales guy I wanted the "Roll N Lock" cover, but on the order form it's listed as "Tonneau cover-retractable *ACCY". So I hope he got the right one, for $1695 it better be. I've had two other trucks with that type cover. They also make one that's electric.

Roll N Lock

Attachments

• 20191115_150912.jpg
    20191115_150912.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 20191115_150922.jpg
    20191115_150922.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Have you had any issues with anyone attempting to cut through? Just wondering. Cause, damn the price of the hard tops now
I've had my soft top for 5 yrs, nobody attempted to cut through it, plus the latches on it require the tailgate to be down to raise it and fold it, alot of tonneau covers you can pop with a coat hanger this one you can't.

New Topics

Back