Tonneau Covers

Check out the Adarac systems. Much more affordable, but the rack attaches to the stake pockets. I'm going to use the m series rack with the Bak x4s cover.
those are nice....I wish they had a stake mount upward t-slot though as I have a set of rhino racks with feet that I want to reuse (just need new longer cross bars)

Check out the Adarac systems. Much more affordable, but the rack attaches to the stake pockets. I'm going to use the m series rack with the Bak x4s cover.
Unfortunately the retrax xr covers the stake pockets mostly as the rails are meant to replace them for accessories like this.

bout ready to pull the trigger on a Mx4, i had the ford version on my 17, worked great. can get it 10 percent off right now up in canada.

those are nice....I wish they had a stake mount upward t-slot though as I have a set of rhino racks with feet that I want to reuse (just need new longer cross bars)
Ya makes sense if you already have the accessories, plus it will look cleaner with the t slots on the retrax.

I want to be able to remove everything pretty easily if I need to, and I will remove the adarac rails when not using them. Here in Canada, I can save myself over $1000 by going with the x4s / adarac combo, but if I owned t slot accessories I'd be finding a way to make the Truck Hero ts rails work with a bak x4s.

I want to be able to remove everything pretty easily if I need to, and I will remove the adarac rails when not using them. Here in Canada, I can save myself over $1000 by going with the x4s / adarac combo, but if I owned t slot accessories I'd be finding a way to make the Truck Hero ts rails work with a bak x4s.

Good point, I’m strongly considering those although I need to run the numbers….a pace Edward’s ultra groove or retrax XR standard Are in the $1400 range v x4s plus TS for around $1200….might be worth the $200 or so to have one solution and the ability to open/close with crossbars on

So I ended up calling RealTrucks and mentioning the forum discounts (F150 forum dn Ford Raptor forum) and they were able to get me a great price on the Retrax ONE XR, along with a bunch of other stuff I ordered......ive had Backflip x4s (it was great), Bakflip MX4 (really nice), and Undercover ultra flex (a touch nicer than the MX4), now switching over to the retrax because I need the T-slots for my rhino rails, Thule bike carriers and Roof top tent that I have from my Jeep Gladiator......should be a nice setup.

So I ended up calling RealTrucks and mentioning the forum discounts (F150 forum dn Ford Raptor forum) and they were able to get me a great price on the Retrax ONE XR, along with a bunch of other stuff I ordered......ive had Backflip x4s (it was great), Bakflip MX4 (really nice), and Undercover ultra flex (a touch nicer than the MX4), now switching over to the retrax because I need the T-slots for my rhino rails, Thule bike carriers and Roof top tent that I have from my Jeep Gladiator......should be a nice setup.
The retrax is definitely slick. I'm sure you will love it. Such a great way to get a bit more utility out of the truck.

The retrax is definitely slick. I'm sure you will love it. Such a great way to get a bit more utility out of the truck.
I will also add that if you get the aluminum you can stand on it. Have done it a few times on other trucks and it's actually convenient.

This is a really nice cover I have owned 2 of them and getting this one tomorrow for my Tremor.
I ordered this cover too. Still waiting on my '22 delivery. 1 question, does the seal to the tailgate require you to open the cover before you close the tailgate? I have a Bak Flip currently that requires it, that and it blocks the back window when open are why I want different. If this doesn't work that way, I know there are others that do and want to get one of those.

I ordered this cover too. Still waiting on my '22 delivery. 1 question, does the seal to the tailgate require you to open the cover before you close the tailgate? I have a Bak Flip currently that requires it, that and it blocks the back window when open are why I want different. If this doesn't work that way, I know there are others that do and want to get one of those.
I can't answer that question but I've done some research on the rolling hard covers and I will be going with Truxedo Sentry CT. It has a quick release that is pretty slick and fits my needs.

Here is a quick picture of the Diamondback SE on my Tremor.
56D3C4EE-605A-4904-AF77-5FC9611C654A.jpeg

No, you don’t have to open the cover in order to close or open the tailgate. One thing to note is that the automatic tailgate release (on key FOB) will not operate without the cover being open. The tailgate will unlatch but won’t lower due to the seal. I haven’t found this to be an issue.
hope this helps.
The tailgate will not open

Here is a quick picture of the Diamondback SE on my Tremor. View attachment 1870

No, you don’t have to open the cover in order to close or open the tailgate. One thing to note is that the automatic tailgate release (on key FOB) will not operate without the cover being open. The tailgate will unlatch but won’t lower due to the seal. I haven’t found this to be an issue.
hope this helps.
The tailgate will not open
From what I can tell from their site if I want to add a bed rack I have to drill the cover? Just making sure there are no other options.

I told my sales guy I wanted the "Roll N Lock" cover, but on the order form it's listed as "Tonneau cover-retractable *ACCY". So I hope he got the right one, for $1695 it better be. I've had two other trucks with that type cover. They also make one that's electric.

Roll N Lock
How did this work out for you? Still using it? I’m considering this option, mainly because I want the cargo manager. I’ve always just had a soft top tri-fold, all I really need, but I really want the cargo manager and it says it only works with their own covers. I’m not sure I would like the strap though and don’t really want to spend for the electronic one. Also fear the lock freezing on any of these retractable type covers.

My last truck did not have one, but it’s going to be the first thing I buy this time. I may even get one ordered so it’s here when the truck is. Anyone have any suggestions? I can’t decide between a retractable or a three panel flip like the BAK Flip. Also, does anyone know of a reliable way to keep dust out of the bed while using one?
I have the Retrax Powertraxpro MX

It’s ok, it takes up a lot of bed space. It’s only 5.5 feet and now it’s basically 4.5 ft bed. It came on the truck when I bought it. I would probably go with the Bakflip MX4 which I have on my that truck.

I was actually thinking of selling the power one or a swap for the bakflip

I picked up the Tyger T1 ($188.10 shipped with discount for signing up for their newsletter) roll up because I need a cover, but I don’t know what I want long term yet.

Seems like it should do the job of keeping my stuff covered/dry in the meantime for a really low cost compared to the more common/premium options.

Attachments

• IMG_3271.jpeg
    IMG_3271.jpeg
    321.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3263.jpeg
    IMG_3263.jpeg
    286.4 KB · Views: 50
I picked up the Tyger T1 ($188.10 shipped with discount for signing up for their newsletter) roll up because I need a cover, but I don’t know what I want long term yet.

Seems like it should do the job of keeping my stuff covered/dry in the meantime for a really low cost compared to the more common/premium options.
I bought mine used with a Lund soft top installed and I love it. Easy to open/use, keeps 100% water out. I don't know if Ill ever upgrade.

I went with the Lomax from Agricover - mainly because I had their Lorado soft-roll up on my Tacoma, many years ago and the quality was great. I went with a hard cover because, even though the soft covers look great, they flap in the wind when driving, and I thought, what the hell, let's go hard cover.

thumbnail_IMG_0224.jpg

Can anyone with the BAK X4S please measure the distance from bed floor to cover?
I want to know if my ice chest will fit with the cover closed. Its a moosejaw 19 1/2" tall.

Thanks.

Can anyone with the BAK X4S please measure the distance from bed floor to cover?
I want to know if my ice chest will fit with the cover closed. Its a moosejaw 19 1/2" tall.

Thanks.

Should roughly have about 21” give or take how the tonneau was installed. I have a cooler in there that’s 18 3/8” tall and it has a little room left on my BAK

New Topics

Back