Tonneau Covers

C8117897-1371-45E1-87AD-A5CFE2451076.jpeg

I feel like there shouldn’t be this much snow in there. Do you guy’s think that it was installed incorrectly? Cover is a Retrax Pro XR.

It has one. There’s also snow way up at the front.
I have the same one ordered for when my truck comes in later this month. Plan to install myself as it looks easy, and the gasket as well.

My only note looking at your picture is that the gasket looks very uneven, like someone was drunk when they installed it to be honest lol.

I would first start with applying the gasket properly and evenly, and making sure it's well attached as the gasket is what makes the bed weatherproof from my understanding.

I have the same one ordered for when my truck comes in later this month. Plan to install myself as it looks easy, and the gasket as well.

My only note looking at your picture is that the gasket looks very uneven, like someone was drunk when they installed it to be honest lol.

I would first start with applying the gasket properly and evenly, and making sure it's well attached as the gasket is what makes the bed weatherproof from my understanding.
Well, I agree with you. Here’s the rest of the story on that. The first time they put the cover on it was a half inch short of touching the tailgate. The gasket seal has actually been installed totally wrong on top of the bed. So I had them try again. Now the cover does go to the tailgate, but maybe not far enough. The seal had to be pulled off and reinstalled and now it certainly looks like someone drunk did it. The seal makes the tailgate shut extremely tight and I thought maybe that caused the funky looking drunk install look.

Well, I agree with you. Here’s the rest of the story on that. The first time they put the cover on it was a half inch short of touching the tailgate. The gasket seal has actually been installed totally wrong on top of the bed. So I had them try again. Now the cover does go to the tailgate, but maybe not far enough. The seal had to be pulled off and reinstalled and now it certainly looks like someone drunk did it. The seal makes the tailgate shut extremely tight and I thought maybe that caused the funky looking drunk install look.
Man I'd just order another seal and install it yourself with patience. As far as the cover not touching the tailgate idk what they did, doesnt seem complex to install as it's made to size already. Are you sure it's the right cover?

Man I'd just order another seal and install it yourself with patience. As far as the cover not touching the tailgate idk what they did, doesnt seem complex to install as it's made to size already. Are you sure it's the right cover?
Yeah it’s the right one. Initially they had the whole thing shifted too far forward. I’m guessing it might still be too far forward. I don’t know. I’m just pretty irritated. I didn’t think it would be hard to install either and I was going to do it myself but I really just wanted to have the thing ready to go when I got it so I took it to the dealer.

Yeah I won't lie the price of the retraxpro xr really hurt my balls to order, $2900 shipped with the gasket seal.

But one of my subs has it on his 2500 Chevy and it's honestly the best cover I've seen, and I loved his roll n lock before. Being able to put the other attachments on and use those for a bike or whatever on top of the rack, plus being electric and aluminum so you can have weight on it without worries, seemed worth it to me. Still stung in my pocket though!

22176.jpeg
i had the Peragon on my Ram and it stayed dry and dust free. Bonus factor it can be completely removed in under 30 seconds n fits in back seat.

This is a really nice cover I have owned 2 of them and getting this one tomorrow for my Tremor.
I was actually just looking at these and wondering how they compare to the Bak Revolver X4S. It actually looks like a Ford-branded Bak Revolver X2... I do like the Ford Logo on it though!

I was actually just looking at these and wondering how they compare to the Bak Revolver X4S. It actually looks like a Ford-branded Bak Revolver X2... I do like the Ford Logo on it though!
I’ve been looking real hard at the Revolver and the Senty CT. Leaning toward the sentry for the reason that you can remove it quickly with two clamps.

I ordered the X4S. Came in Friday of last week. Yet to install it yet but liked the clean black roll up look.

Didn’t want a fold one to block the bed camera.

Didn’t want a retractable box one that ate up space in the 5’7” bed.

Felt the X4s was the best compromise. Lots of great choices out there depending on the application.

Still on the fence deciding between the flexibility of the BAkFlip MX4 and the security of the Diamondback SE. While spendy, the DB is pretty awesome, but makes it more of a challenge if you actually need to use the bed including above the rails. The MX4 is quick and easy, but not as secure or weathertight... curious for feedback from owners of each.

Still on the fence deciding between the flexibility of the BAkFlip MX4 and the security of the Diamondback SE. While spendy, the DB is pretty awesome, but makes it more of a challenge if you actually need to use the bed including above the rails. The MX4 is quick and easy, but not as secure or weathertight... curious for feedback from owners of each.
Check put the peragon if you haven't yet. I had no issues with water or dust. Comes with an extra piece of stripping to, to ensure tight fit.

Just wanted to add, I got the retrax xr for the rails to put the Thule rack on top.... the Thule, rhino rack, or yakima set up for 2 bikes with crossbars or 2 kayaks or paddleboards is $800-$1000 between the feet, the crossbars, and the actual racks for each accessory. I wasn't expecting them to be so damn expensive ngl. Another hit to my wallet after the $2600 the reread pro xr cost.

Just wanted to add, I got the retrax xr for the rails to put the Thule rack on top.... the Thule, rhino rack, or yakima set up for 2 bikes with crossbars or 2 kayaks or paddleboards is $800-$1000 between the feet, the crossbars, and the actual racks for each accessory. I wasn't expecting them to be so damn expensive ngl. Another hit to my wallet after the $2600 the reread pro xr cost.
Check out the Adarac systems. Much more affordable, but the rack attaches to the stake pockets. I'm going to use the m series rack with the Bak x4s cover.

New Topics

Back