5 star finally has a 21+ tune

have tuned my '15 canyon, ,18 sierra, 21 silverado, '22 explorer ST and never had issues, i did revert them to stock when they go in for maintenance just so no one noticed/makes notes its tuned

they are hard pressed to blame a tune to deny anything but it is a concern for sure, i just go with the street/tow tune, i dont need anythign crazy but the shifting patterns alone make it worth is let alone the extra torque for a truck. the perf/track tunes are a little much for the street IMO and hard on the fuel economy

looks like they are waiting on tuners to arrive to ship out and pushed shipping back to dec

estimates are around 100hp 130tq on premium (assuming thats 93) at the wheels

i just went with the 91 since 93 isnt very common here asusming that will be more like 75hp/100tq which is still smazing for just a tune
I'll probably add this sooner rather than later - haven't decided 100% which tuner I would go with though. Once I get the truck, I need to install the parts I have accumulated, and then I will decide.

My '22 Explorer ST has only a tune and exhaust, but I decided to do an intercooler and intake on the Tremor. I'll see how it runs with those first before making a final decision.

Man I want to order this but I'm scared to mess up warranty....
It only messes with the warranty if they can prove it was specifically the cause of whatever failed. The nice thing about 5 star is the stock map is stored on the device during the initial tune. So you don't need to upload anything to them so to speak, the device does it. And if you want to go back in order to bring it into the dealer, it's just like changing tunes; hit return to stock and you're done.

It only messes with the warranty if they can prove it was specifically the cause of whatever failed. The nice thing about 5 star is the stock map is stored on the device during the initial tune. So you don't need to upload anything to them so to speak, the device does it. And if you want to go back in order to bring it into the dealer, it's just like changing tunes; hit return to stock and you're done.
Is there a flash counter in the ECU? VW/Audi do this so they can count the number of times the vehicle has been flashed. If the number doesn't match what they have in their database you get flagged and likely warranty denial.

looks like they are waiting on tuners to arrive to ship out and pushed shipping back to dec

estimates are around 100hp 130tq on premium (assuming thats 93) at the wheels

i just went with the 91 since 93 isnt very common here asusming that will be more like 75hp/100tq which is still smazing for just a tune
500hp and 630tq is rather silly. This thing squats in sport now, bet it brings smiles after the tune.

they all have flash couters, but they still cant deny anything warranty related unless they can prove anything on the tune directly caused the issue, atleast the laws here in Canada, would assume USA as well as the USA protects people alot better.

ECU flash count could go up for simply flashing a tune to disable auto/stop start for all they know.

500hp and 630tq is rather silly. This thing squats in sport now, bet it brings smiles after the tune.
more excited to get proper shiting patterns and boost in the lower gears, if you watch the boost gauge in the fist couple gears its almost nothing, much more torque alot earlier, not too concerned with top speed and 1/4 miles times

more excited to get proper shiting patterns and boost in the lower gears, if you watch the boost gauge in the fist couple gears its almost nothing, much more torque alot earlier, not too concerned with top speed and 1/4 miles times
This surprises me as well. Seems like the gauge stays near zero in the lower gears, even when towing the boat. But on the interstate it'll spool right up.

Is there a flash counter in the ECU? VW/Audi do this so they can count the number of times the vehicle has been flashed. If the number doesn't match what they have in their database you get flagged and likely warranty denial.
they all have flash couters, but they still cant deny anything warranty related unless they can prove anything on the tune directly caused the issue, atleast the laws here in Canada, would assume USA as well as the USA protects people alot better.

ECU flash count could go up for simply flashing a tune to disable auto/stop start for all they know.
This is not actually true, for instance, our truck do not have then. The only thing that remains as evidence after a flash is the fact that the start cycle count is reverted to 0. Like it's never been started. But if you start it, drive it, it then turn it off, and repeat that a few times there will be no way they can tell.

This is not actually true, for instance, our truck do not have then. The only thing that remains as evidence after a flash is the fact that the start cycle count is reverted to 0. Like it's never been started. But if you start it, drive it, it then turn it off, and repeat that a few times there will be no way they can tell.
good to know!

have tuned my '15 canyon, ,18 sierra, 21 silverado, '22 explorer ST and never had issues, i did revert them to stock when they go in for maintenance just so no one noticed/makes notes its tuned

they are hard pressed to blame a tune to deny anything but it is a concern for sure, i just go with the street/tow tune, i dont need anythign crazy but the shifting patterns alone make it worth is let alone the extra torque for a truck. the perf/track tunes are a little much for the street IMO and hard on the
Yup, I tuned my ‘14 and ‘16 F-150 ecoboost. Put more than 80k on both trucks while tuned, never had an issue and never removed the tune before dropping off for service. I did get nervous that they would accidentally flash over the tune while l doing something else and effectively brick my tuner but luckily that never happened. Really really interested in how this tune will compare to the Livernois!

Yup, I tuned my ‘14 and ‘16 F-150 ecoboost. Put more than 80k on both trucks while tuned, never had an issue and never removed the tune before dropping off for service. I did get nervous that they would accidentally flash over the tune while l doing something else and effectively brick my tuner but luckily that never happened. Really really interested in how this tune will compare to the Livernois!
with the 5star one you get the handheld tuner and your tunes, if dealer did reset or flash you can just reflash it, but thats why i always revert before it goes in, only takes a minute

Does anyone here in NC have the livernoise tune by chance? I'd potentially be willing to get this 5 star tune and meet up to compare maybe? It wouldn't be perfect, but would give some useful info/comparison.

Does anyone here in NC have the livernoise tune by chance? I'd potentially be willing to get this 5 star tune and meet up to compare maybe? It wouldn't be perfect, but would give some useful info/comparison.
You buy the Livernoise and I'll buy the 5 Star haha.

Race! Dooooo it! 🤣
1670346226495.png

You buy the Livernoise and I'll buy the 5 Star haha.
I was actually really close to getting theirs (Livernoise) and realized 5 star is like 2 or less hours from me...plus I travel to SC for work. As far as a company, Livernoise works WAY closer with Ford, so that intrigues me a lot. Decisions...

New Topics

Back