New ICON F150 3inch Suspension

Yes, but you need a wheel spacer afaik. @Cblaxx19 is on stock wheels.
Have they? That would be interesting I agree, but I don't have stock wheels so haven't been paying attn for that and Icon's site is a bit non-commital there.
yes, ive installed with OEM wheels. the UPC that you pay so much more for sticks out further and tires rub it. I only have 11.5" wide tires too. not 12.5".

ive installed a 1/4' spacer and now it clears but i seem to have a bunch of vibration cause i couldnt find wheel and hub centric spaces that small. i may bump to 1/2" if i can find decently priced ones.

yes, ive installed with OEM wheels. the UPC that you pay so much more for sticks out further and tires rub it. I only have 11.5" wide tires too. not 12.5".

ive installed a 1/4' spacer and now it clears but i seem to have a bunch of vibration cause i couldnt find wheel and hub centric spaces that small. i may bump to 1/2" if i can find decently priced ones.

So been doing some research a bit here and found a pretty good backspace calculator re-enforcing what Icon's website states. In current form cblaxx is running a 285/75/18 with a +34mm offset. Running the same tire but with a 6mm offest the calculator shows the inside of the tire is 1.1 inches further from the suspension. Offset makes a difference quite a bit here. Link to the calculator below.

Screenshot_20240204_055811_DuckDuckGo.jpg

@Cblaxx19 You stated you need about a quarter inch in clearance not to rub? If so that means a 35x12.5r18 will provide almost a half inch greater clearance to the suspension than what you have now. Seeing as Icon recommends a 34x12.5x18 will a 35x12.5x18 be that much greater? Shot answer, no. On the +6mm offset we still have 1.1 inch further spacing from the suspension compared to the stock +34mm offset.
Screenshot_20240204_060325_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
So been doing some research a bit here and found a pretty good backspace calculator re-enforcing what Icon's website states. In current form cblaxx is running a 285/75/18 with a +34mm offset. Running the same tire but with a 6mm offest the calculator shows the inside of the tire is 1.1 inches further from the suspension. Offset makes a difference quite a bit here. Link to the calculator below.

@Cblaxx19 You stated you need about a quarter inch in clearance not to rub? If so that means a 35x12.5r18 will provide almost a half inch greater clearance to the suspension than what you have now. Seeing as Icon recommends a 34x12.5x18 will a 35x12.5x18 be that much greater? Shot answer, no. On the +6mm offset we still have 1.1 inch further spacing from the suspension compared to the stock +34mm offset.
This is a great tool! thanks for sharing.

I'm not tracking with what you said above that a 35x12.5r18 tire would give more clearance over what i am currently running. the 12.5" tire would sit closer to the suspension since it is wider. .65" closer. if you go to the +6mm offset, then yes, you'd gain .45" of clearance over what I'm currently at.
1707056525758.png

the fact is that the Icon billet arm just sticks out further and is the cause of the problem. I even recently saw a post on facebook from a guy with the tubular who said he was rubbing the UCA as well and had to go with spacers.

Im not any higher than i was with the procomp spacer and factory uca and i didnt have any issues. so in my mind, the issue with the icon ucas is just a crap design and not really needed.

they market the shocks as a tremor compatible kit with the caveat that you Have to use their UCAs. and then you need to change out the wheels because their UCAs stick out further and then cause rubbing.

I honestly think i wish i had just done the spc ucas. id have saved a bunch of money and likely avoided this rubbing

I am happy with the ride quality of the icon setup, but pretty irritated at the hassle it has become and additional investment required because i chose to invest way too much money into their upper control arms. Plus the fact that i spent as much as i did on the control arms, to then have to spend more to keep the auto leveling headlight function, and then, that additional bracket isnt even compatible. i had to modify it myself to prevent the ball joint from getting snapped off. that should not be the case with a $1500 UCA setup thats part of a $5K suspension setup that is marketed at tremor specific...

sorry, end rant :censored:

Are these Icon shock bodies aluminum or steel? It's hard to tell from their site but living in the Midwest we have snow and salty brine road treatments that will be a factor for us also.

Are these Icon shock bodies aluminum or steel? It's hard to tell from their site but living in the Midwest we have snow and salty brine road treatments that will be a factor for us also.
Aluminum from what I recall.

This is a great tool! thanks for sharing.

I'm not tracking with what you said above that a 35x12.5r18 tire would give more clearance over what i am currently running. the 12.5" tire would sit closer to the suspension since it is wider. .65" closer. if you go to the +6mm offset, then yes, you'd gain .45" of clearance over what I'm currently at.
View attachment 26505

the fact is that the Icon billet arm just sticks out further and is the cause of the problem. I even recently saw a post on facebook from a guy with the tubular who said he was rubbing the UCA as well and had to go with spacers.

Im not any higher than i was with the procomp spacer and factory uca and i didnt have any issues. so in my mind, the issue with the icon ucas is just a crap design and not really needed.

they market the shocks as a tremor compatible kit with the caveat that you Have to use their UCAs. and then you need to change out the wheels because their UCAs stick out further and then cause rubbing.

I honestly think i wish i had just done the spc ucas. id have saved a bunch of money and likely avoided this rubbing

I am happy with the ride quality of the icon setup, but pretty irritated at the hassle it has become and additional investment required because i chose to invest way too much money into their upper control arms. Plus the fact that i spent as much as i did on the control arms, to then have to spend more to keep the auto leveling headlight function, and then, that additional bracket isnt even compatible. i had to modify it myself to prevent the ball joint from getting snapped off. that should not be the case with a $1500 UCA setup thats part of a $5K suspension setup that is marketed at tremor specific...

sorry, end rant :censored:

Not tracking either.. I'm not excited at all to run spacers on my OEM wheels .. considering how much we spent on these kits. I'm about a month away from install... on stock tires / stock rims. I might order a 1/2 hub friendly spacer, just incase they rub when mounted and I cant get back home (lol).

Not tracking either.. I'm not excited at all to run spacers on my OEM wheels .. considering how much we spent on these kits. I'm about a month away from install... on stock tires / stock rims. I might order a 1/2 hub friendly spacer, just incase they rub when mounted and I cant get back home (lol).
If you utilize the tool you will see the stock wheel on stock tires (275/70r18) is .2 inches further away from the suspension than Cblaxx 285/75r18. You might be okay with the 33 inch tires.

Cblaxx19, what part# icon uca are you using. 98507DJ or 98523DJ??
Great question! The stage kit lists 98523DJ for the Tremor and the 98507DJ states not for Tremor in the technical data. I need to go double check the box in my garage, haha.

Edit: I have the right one.

Last edited:
FYI I was quoted $900 installed at a local Ford Dealership in Austin TX. Includes tax and alignment.. they anticipated 6 hours ($125 per hour for dealer accessories install vs $185 for normal mechanic work). Work includes front coil overs, tubular control arms and rear shocks (don't have free time to do the rears myself). Install schedule for next week.

Someone buy my new rough country kit.. just dropped the $$ to clear out the garage :cool:

I ordered the BORA, 1/2 hubcentric spacers as a backup plan. Dont want to risk the truck getting stuck at the dealer because of the UCA. Fingers crossed that I dont need them (not a fan of spacers.. but not ready for aftermarket wheels)

I ordered the BORA, 1/2 hubcentric spacers as a backup plan. Dont want to risk the truck getting stuck at the dealer because of the UCA. Fingers crossed that I dont need them (not a fan of spacers.. but not ready for aftermarket wheels)
From? I’ve been searching for .25”. From what I’ve seen .25” is flat faced while .375”+ has a lipped center piece.

From? I’ve been searching for .25”. From what I’ve seen .25” is flat faced while .375”+ has a lipped center piece.

I'm assuming the lip eliminates the vibration issue? Also, is there a reason your going with 1/2" vs 3/8"? I'm almost tempted to call and revise my order to 3/8" and keep the factory studs.. hmm.

i have the 98523DJ
Response from ICON, FYI... the tubular kit I have is the 98522DJ

If you purchased the UCA for the normal F150 98502DJ or 98507DJ those will not work on the Tremor, the Tremor requires either 98522DJ or 98523DJ

We do have this note on the site which is just in reference to the Billet UCA and the tremor wheel, but the Tub arm is good
  • OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Not compatible with all available OE wheel/tire combinations. Aftermarket wheels with lower offset/less backspace recommended.

Tech Support / Customer Service / Sales

Last edited:
I'm assuming the lip eliminates the vibration issue? Also, is there a reason your going with 1/2" vs 3/8"? I'm almost tempted to call and revise my order to 3/8" and keep the factory studs.. hmm.
I want to 1/4 or 3/8, but the image shown on those is a flat spacer.

New Topics

Back