Full Screen Apple CarPlay

Can anyone confirm the latest update build number? Or a screenshot of what it says when you go to About Sync? Thanks

Saw on another forum that if you go into “settings” then “general” then “send feedback” then “software update” then choose “wireless update not working” then hit submit it will trigger the update within 2 days. I did this on Wednesday evening and this afternoon I got notification my truck’s software was updated. Worked for several others also so I don’t think it was a coincidence but who knows…

Can anyone confirm the latest update build number? Or a screenshot of what it says when you go to About Sync? Thanks
Not in my truck but mine updated today with the full screen and according to FordPass, mine updated to 3.5.3.2…

Attachments

• D24DD84C-7517-4B42-8D64-A856C08E32D1.png
    D24DD84C-7517-4B42-8D64-A856C08E32D1.png
    276.1 KB · Views: 44
I went ahead and turned off my auto update when going to lunch and forgot to setup the update time when coming back to the office. After 40 min back, I got the FordPass notification that the update went through. Can’t wait to see it on the drive home.

I just got 3.5.4 today after getting 3.5.3 yesterday. Gives dual phone capability and some improved mod scale stuff that doesn’t apply to our trucks.

Saw on another forum that if you go into “settings” then “general” then “send feedback” then “software update” then choose “wireless update not working” then hit submit it will trigger the update within 2 days. I did this on Wednesday evening and this afternoon I got notification my truck’s software was updated. Worked for several others also so I don’t think it was a coincidence but who knows…
Thanks for posting this. Followed the steps and within minutes got notification that I'd updated to 3.5.3.2. Seems to say that full-screen CarPlay should be available but it isn't. Should it be available with this update? At least the hands-free expiration date was changed to 2073.

Thanks for posting this. Followed the steps and within minutes got notification that I'd updated to 3.5.3.2. Seems to say that full-screen CarPlay should be available but it isn't. Should it be available with this update? At least the hands-free expiration date was changed to 2073.
Do you have the double arrows at the top of the icon menu on the left side of the screen? Hit that expand button

Do you have the double arrows at the top of the icon menu on the left side of the screen? Hit that expand button
Thanks! I thought I saw that the expand option was on top of the CarPlay button. Appreciate the assist!

Last edited:
This just happens automatically? I cant find any settings to switch....the "rolling out in waves" theory must have some validity to it?

My software says 'up to date'
Mine just fully updated today and added Alexa

56D244EC-7E4E-4966-8728-E57D48118A97.jpeg
EC1D8C32-D44F-4092-9F6C-CFDB00893F0F.jpeg

This is what I’ve had since I brought the truck home 10 days ago. Is this the latest update?

Thanks for posting this. Followed the steps and within minutes got notification that I'd updated to 3.5.3.2. Seems to say that full-screen CarPlay should be available but it isn't. Should it be available with this update? At least the hands-free expiration date was changed to 207
Yes full screen is part of that update. I’m assuming you got notified but the update still has to be completely downloaded and installed which will take additional time. I believe that’s why they say it takes about 2 days from submitting that and having installed?

Got my update yesterday. I didn’t do any of the aforementioned tricks. Just went to work, left to go on a few work errands and stopped at a store. While stopped, FordPass sent a notification that I received an update. I now have full screen CarPlay. Woo? Had it in my previous vehicle and actually prefer not using it in the f150 because I like the sidecards. Like when I’m trying to navigate somewhere and the passenger wants to skip the song.

I can't wait for full screen carplay. You can split screen between map and music within carplay itself. I personally can't stand the sidecards and they always switch on me.

Got my update yesterday. I didn’t do any of the aforementioned tricks. Just went to work, left to go on a few work errands and stopped at a store. While stopped, FordPass sent a notification that I received an update. I now have full screen CarPlay. Woo? Had it in my previous vehicle and actually prefer not using it in the f150 because I like the sidecards. Like when I’m trying to navigate somewhere and the passenger wants to skip the song.
Passenger doesn’t know how to push a button?

New Topics

Back